RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
The Knowledge Sector Initiative (KSI) is a joint initiative between the Governments of Indonesia and Australia to improve the quality of public policies in Indonesia through the use of research, analysis and evidence. The program seeks to achieve this by supporting the capacity building of policy research institutes (the supply side), to improve the quality of their research to meet policy maker’s needs, improve systems and regulations in government to support research-based policy making (enabling environment), and to develop effective models for procuring and using research to strengthen policies that will benefit the country’s poor (the demand side), and working with various intermediary organizations involved in making research-based evidence accessible to policy makers including civil society organizations and the media (intermediaries). The program, projected to be 15 years in duration, started implementation in May 2013.
RTI-KSI is currently looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the Program Manager, to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. This is a senior position requiring a minimum of 10 years program management experience.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the implementation of long-term capacity-building program for policy research in Indonesia. The program includes the provision of core funding and technical assistance for Indonesia’s leading policy research institutes, several small grants schemes, and international exchanges, fellowships and study tours. Reporting to the Senior Advisor for Policy Research, the Program Manager will supervise a small team of program officers responsible for implementing activities under the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of activities supporting the knowledge sector in Indonesia;
- Manage overall implementation of activities designed to strengthen policy research in Indonesia;
- Work closely with the national and international staff to ensure that program objectives and work plans are clearly understood and are being implemented in accordance with agreed plans;
- Coordinate organisational development support for partners;
- Manage implementation of program activities, ensuring work is completed on time and within budget;
- Supervise and mentor Program Officers;
- Provide advice and support on critical program issues to Senior Advisors, including regular updates on policy debates;
- Represent KSI at relevant national and international workshops and conferences;
- Support stakeholder liaison with policy research institutes and government partners;
- Prepare work plans and reports of program activities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A postgraduate degree in a suitable area that could include economics, law, science, social science, arts, or other relevant studies;
- A minimum of 10 years' experience working in a senior role that demonstrates the individual's capacity to undertake this role and a track record of achieving high level results and outcomes;
- Experience in policy engagement, either from Government, University, think tank or private business or NGO perspective;
- Demonstrated strong people management skills;
- Fully proficient in writing and speaking in both the English and Indonesian language;
- Superior communication and team work skills.
Interested candidates should send the following documentations: Application letter and CV with 3 referees.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject, and submit the application by 5 September 2014 to email@example.com.
RTI values equal employment opportunities. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.