The Micronutrient Initiative (MI) is an international Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to ensuring that the world’s most vurnerables – especially women and children in developing countries – get the vitamins and minerals they need to survive and thrive. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and Dakar, Senegal that manages our country offices in Asia and Africa. MI wishes to continue its technical and financial support on ORS and zinc supplementation in the treatment of diarrhea among young children program in West Nusa Tenggara, West Java and Banten provinces.
In order to guide, supervise and coordinate the scaling up the program in these 3 provinces with the Government and other stakeholders, The MI requires a following position:
Zinc Program Coordinator
The main responsibility of the coordinator will be to facilitate and monitor the implementation of the ORS and Zinc supplementation in childhood diarrhera program on behalf of MI. The specific responsibilities are described in website: HERE
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: public health, nutrition, medicine, health systems management, international development and/or a related field including medical degree.
- A good understanding of human nutrition especially the role of micronutrients
- Experience in working with or within public health systems.
- Good knowledge of government policies and programs to address nutrition in Indonesia.
- Ten years’ experience working for at least 2 of the following kinds of organizations: national and district governments, NGOs, community groups, donors, UN agencies (preferably a combination of experience in at least two of these).
- Experience in results-based management.
- Frequent travel within Indonesia, occasional travel within the region
- In addition to Bahasa, fluency in English (reading, writing & oratory skills) is a prerequisite.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office programs.
Interested and competent applicants are requested to submit i) application letter; ii) recent Curriculum Vitae (CV); iii) photograph; and iv) address of two referees. Application can be submitted through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, post or hand delivered to the address: MI Indonesia Office, Gedung Wirausaha Lt. 2, Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav. C-5, Jakarta 12940.
The last date for receiving application is April 3, 2015. Only short listed candidate will be called for further interview.