The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations.
The Programme “Transforming Administration-Strengthening Innovation” (Transformasi) is implemented jointly between the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, the Indonesian Ministry for Bureaucracy Reform (KemPAN-BR), the Ministry of Finance and other stakeholders. It aims to achieve a clean, efficient, accountable and service-oriented public administration, which is a huge challenge considering there are over 6 mio. public servants.
The Programme focuses on the following topics:
· Selected priorities of BR-reform: Open Recruitment, civil service professionalization, remuneration management
· Fiscal impacts and financing of reforms.
· Ensuring Citizen-Orientation of BR reform with a focus on open government
· Knowledge management: creation of a subnational innovation hub on BR reform and public service delivery.
While GIZ already has experience in the area of Public Finance and Bureaucracy Reform the focus has been mostly at subnational level. We are now looking to combine the two areas of BR reform and public finance and are looking for Senior Advisor Bureaucracy Reform – Human Resources (m/w)
- Advisory services to KemPAN-BR and the National Institute of Public Administration (LAN) for the development and coordinated implementation of reforms for civil service professionalization.
- Organizational advice to the respective BR units, personnel divisionsand other unitsof selected ministries responsible forhuman resource aspects of bureaucracy reform; especially Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Finance, BAPPENAS.
- Liaison person to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Development of qualification and personnel development programmes.
- Cooperation with partners for the development handbooks, training materials and other products in the area of personnel management and development.
Required Qualifications and experience
§ Masters/MSc or doctorate in Public Policy, Social Sciences, Economics or Business Administration.
§ 7-10 years’ professional experience in the area, with at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
§ Experience in the public sector, especially on Human Resource Development Programmes.
§ good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office),
§ a proven track record in a managerial position,
§ fluent written and oral knowledge of English,
§ willingness to improveskills as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Please submit your comprehensive resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20.03.2014 with code : SA-BR HR as subject.