Caritas Germany is looking for highly motivated candidates to for fill the position of Project Finance Officer in Yogyakarta to support of our program in Indonesia.
Since the Tsunami struck Sumatra in 2004 Caritas Germany has been offering support to the most needy, and is planning to do so for the near future. Caritas Germany does not implement projects itself, but works through local partners in Indonesia, and offers support to them. The projects supported by Caritas Germany are aimed at helping the most needy, and do not discriminate in any way when selecting its partners or beneficiaries.
Currently Caritas Germany focuses on Emergency Response, Community Based Rehabilitation, and HIV/AIDS & Drug Abuse, mainly in North Sumatra, Java and Flores. For more information please see our website: www.caritas-international.de.
Project Finance Officer:
The duties and tasks assigned to the Project Finance Officer are mainly focussed on the administration & financial support to projects implemented by Caritas Germany’s partner organizations in Indonesia.
In doing so, the Project Finance Officer will be chiefly in charge of ensuring project partners’ compliance to the rules and regulations of Caritas Germany, especially those for general and financial administration.
With this the Project Finance Officer assumes the responsibility to ensure that the project partners comply with the operational and financial standards of Caritas Germany. Besides this, the Project Finance Officer will also back up the Finance & Admin Officer of Caritas Germany’s Country Office when needed. The Project Finance Officer ensures that at all time there is a good coordination on related matters with the Country Representative.
In detail the specific tasks and duties of the Project Officer will be to:
- Perform all responsibilities, tasks and duties according to specific requirements, in coordination with the Country Representative.
- Support the Country Representative with successfully implementing the Caritas Germany country strategy for Indonesia.
- Coordinator/Communicator concerning the representation of Caritas Germany with the assigned partner projects in Indonesia.
- Managing relations with local, regional and national authorities, media and other stakeholders in the wider Caritas Germany network in Indonesia.
- Keeping/Ensuring professional relations with the project partners.
- Mediation between the project partner and Caritas Germany’s Country Office.
- Ensuring an uninterrupted flow of information and coordination between local project partners and Caritas Germany’s Country Office.
- Support other Caritas Germany colleagues in fulfilling their assigned tasks in coordination with the Country Representative.
- Assistance for colleagues of Caritas Germany during visits and meetings with project partners and authorities, incl. translations.
- Ensure that regular communication and coordination with the Country Office in Yogyakarta and the Country Representative takes place.
Project Finance Support
- Oversee the preparation of project proposals and budgets and give advice to the Country Representative and/or the responsible Program Officer on the efficiency of the proposed project and budget.
- Ensure that the general and financial administration of all assigned partner projects are in line with the rules, regulations, SOP’s and general practices of Caritas Germany.
- Prepare and train the staff of Caritas Germany’s project partners in order so that they understand Caritas Germany administrative and financial guidelines and are able to implement them.
- Facilitate, document and track transfers of funds between Caritas Germany’s Head Office and project partners.
- Plan, organize and carry out all internal financial audit functions of Caritas Germany needed regarding the assigned projects or Caritas Germany’s partners.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and financial problems in coordination with the Country Representative and/or the responsible Program Officer.
- Provide verbal – and if necessary – written reports on the status, findings and recommendations and monitor regularly the implementation of the recommendations by Caritas Germany’s project partners.
- Prepare the Audited Financial Statement of project partners.
- Regularly inform the Country Representative and/or the responsible Program Officer on the financial status of the individual projects.
- Consistently document relevant facts, activities and information that can support the work of other Caritas Germany Employees, including
Caritas Germany’s Head Office.
- Act as liaison person for external audits.
- Establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with Caritas Germany’s project partners in order to advise them on all relevant financial matters.
- Back up for Finance & Admin Officer of Caritas Germany’s Country Office during his/her absence.
Country Office of Caritas Germany in Yogyakarta
- Manage, ensure and improve the quality, the effectiveness, the efficiency and the sustainability of the operations of the Country Office of Caritas Germany.
- Support the Finance & Admin Officer assigned to the Country Office of Caritas Germany when needed in all matters.
- Liaise with other Caritas Germany offices and employees in Indonesia.
Benefits and Working conditions:
- The contract that will be offered is for one (1) year initially, with the possibility of extension. A normal working week of 5 days/40 hours is expected. The salary for the position is IDR 8.000.000 per month + healthcare benefits + THR, and annually 12 days of leave. No additional compensation is provided for.
- The duty station of the Project Finance Officer will be in Yogyakarta, DIY. The duties given to the Project Finance Officer may require travelling in/to DI Yogyakarta, Solo and the island of Flores and may also require the Project Officer to attend meetings in the Liaison Office in Banda Aceh.
- A degree (S1/S2) in public/business administration, accounting, or other related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience.
- Experience in working with a humanitarian organisation, prefably with project related to the programs of Caritas Germany.
- Excellent administration and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent accounting, budgeting and auditing skills.
- Good knowledge of English, spoken and written.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge will be an added advantage. Profound knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, scanner, e-mail, internet and its software).
- Flexible, able to multi-task and work well in under pressure as a team player in a multicultural environment.
- Respecting the humanitarian principles of Caritas Germany.
- Willingness to travel to the field on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willing to work in non-discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender-equal manner.
- Willing to work with flexible working hours if needed.
Submission of letter of interest. Please submit your letter of interest, including a detailed CV and supporting documents through email to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, however no later than 13th of April 2012.
Interview. Upon receiving letters of interest of qualified candidates, interviews will be organized in Yogyakarta as soon as possible.
Start working. As soon as possible, preferably per 1st of May 2012.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.