Closeout Event Assistant - Indonesia
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Closeout Event Assistant for the USAID-funded Indonesia Marine and Climate Support (IMACS) project. This project provides technical support for improving key marine and fisheries sector components with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF), local governments, coastal communities, and the private sector. The project is in its fifth and final year, and will close on September 29, 2015.
The IMACS Project will hold its closeout event in late August 2015. The event will be large-scale, high-level, and take place over the course of two days. A closeout event assistant is needed to assist the IMACS training and communications teams in preparing and carrying out the closeout event.
This short-term assignment will take place from on/around August 12, 2015 through September 11, 2015, based in the IMACS central Jakarta office for up to 23 working days.
The objective of this assignment is to provide critical support to the IMACS training and communications teams in planning, preparing, and carrying out the IMACS closeout event. The Closeout Event Assistant will complete the following tasks associated with this assignment:
- In close coordination with the communications team, organize and arrange for printing of materials to be distributed at the closeout event.
- Prepare the symbolic handover package for the event.
- Arrange materials for approximately 200 participants, including tote bag and contents, setting up information at tables, etc.
- Coordinate technical staff and the communications team in finalizing event content and agenda, presentations, logistics, etc.
- Support the administration team and/or training team with arrangements for participants, including hotels reservations and airfare booking.
- Manage distribution of tote bags and other materials to participants at the event.
- Assisting with event administration, including participant attendance list.
- Oversee and assist the event organizer as required.
- Manage settling expenses and supporting documents for the event (vendor invoices, participant costs, attendance sheets, etc.).
- Compile handouts and presentation materials from the event for the files.
- Report inputs and writing as needed.
- Other tasks as required by the Chief of Party or his/her designee.
- Bachelor's degree in marine affairs, fisheries, or related field
- At least seven (7) years' relevant experience implementing technical activities in Indonesia's marine/environment sector, including liaising with international donors and Indonesian government officials and entities
- At least two (2) years' experience handling training events under NGOs or donor-funded projects
- Previous experience working with or liaising with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries or other government entities in the marine sector
- Proven leadership experience
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with the subject “Closeout Event Assistant” to IMACSproject@gmail.com as soon as possible but no later than August 10, 2015. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Closeout Event Assistant” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.