ChildFund Indonesia has been implementing child-centered programs since 1973 .Through community-based, culturally grounded, participatory program approaches, ChildFund Indonesia works with 16 local partners in 32 districts in eight provinces. In 174 villages where we work, we support 318 ECD exclusive and/or integrated health posts (Posyandu), 87 child-friendly schools and 96 child forums. Through these community-support mechanisms, ChildFund Indonesia ensures local leadership support and ownership of project activities.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Title : Child Protection Specialist
Div/Dept : Programs
Location : Jakarta - Indonesia
Reporting Relationship : Program Director
Terms of Contract : Initial contract will be Fixed Term, 1 (one) year, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance.
The Child Protection Specialist (CPS) position is responsible for mainstreaming Child Protection principles and values into ChildFund Indonesia’s Life Stage program portfolio. The CPS is also responsible for leading the implementation of our Child Protection in Emergency (CPiE) activities and leads the development (and execution) of our Child Protection advocacy strategy for FDY 16/17.
The CPS will be expected to lead proposal development efforts to expand our portfolio of projects, network extensively with a diverse range of agencies and represent the National Office/organization at national/international forums.
The CPS works collaboratively with the technical team and field-based colleagues to support the development of our Local Partners program designs as well as monitoring project/program interventions on regular basis.
- Provides technical assistance and technical leadership on all issues and projects related to Child Protection and Child Protection in an Emergency (CPiE). This includes the development of innovations, development of program designs and analysis of underlying causes of poverty in line with the organizational theories of change and pathways.
- Provides technical assistance to field-based staff in understanding and internalizing child protection within the Theory of Change (TOC) developmental pathways and program strategy for all Life Stages;
- Develops position statements, methodologies, and frameworks related to ChildFund’s Theories of Change and Child Protection.
- Leads the development of technical proposals and concept notes related to Child Protection.
- Cultivates relationships with major gift donors and foundations on behalf of the organization, both as a subject matter expert and a relationship manager.
- Supports the development of relevant capacity and individual capabilities of staff and local partners on child protection for both development and emergency work.
- In liaison with the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, facilitate periodic monitoring of project activities and use findings to improve and enhance the Child Protection program strategy.
- Develops and implements mechanisms, systems and processes for organizational learning, in coordination with other staff members, for ongoing enhancement of capacity, e.g. Child Protection mechanisms, LPs as alternative CP mechanisms, etc
- Supports and integrates key Child Protection concepts and learnings into the development of Local Partners Area Strategic Plans (ASP), program/project, concept papers, proposals, and other organizational initiatives and processes.
- Serves senior level representation functions for the organization as organizational representative to technical working groups, steering committees, and industry events.
- Develops partnership strategies to collaborate with Local Partners, government entities, well as with other key humanitarian actors for resource complementation and collaborative activities in support of the child protection program strategy;
- Ensures that lessons learned from program implementation and other relevant activities are identified, documented and appropriately disseminated for internal and external purposes, e.g. development of knowledge products.
- Ensure timely submission of and compliance to ChildFund reportorial requirements;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in Child Protection programming with a minimum of 3 years field experience required.
- Demonstrated technical competencies in Child Protection program design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated technical competencies in Child Protection in emergency.
- Demonstrated experience working with children experiencing Deprivation, Exclusion and Vulnerability (DEV) and their families.
- Proven ability in participatory training and capacity building program design, delivery and assessment
- Demonstrated experience with Child Protection proposal development, including the technical strategy design and narrative writing.
- Proven ability to provide high quality technical assistance, guidance and coaching to implementing staff and partners.
- Proven experience with donor agencies and grant making processes.
- Demonstrated representation and networking experience with multilateral agencies, foundations, and other institutions focused on Child Protection programming for children and young adolescents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with operational research and program evaluation methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Organized, detail-oriented, team player, self-starter and results-oriented individual
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Bilingual preferred (English with Indonesian).
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
- Significant Travel outside of Jakarta is required.
Master’s degree in field relevant to Child Protection, such as psychology or social work preferred.
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link:
Deadline for lodging applications: 31 August 2015
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.