Senior Finance and Grants Officer
Requisition # 15990
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Finance and Grants Officer, LINKAGES based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES Senior Finance and Grants Officer will oversee all LINKAGES Indonesia finance and grants activities. This will include primary responsibilities for monitoring monthly expenditures by analyzing financial data, completing required reports, and managing audit documentation for the project. The Senior Finance and Grants Officer will work with LINKAGES HQ on the development of sub-awards with local partners and will conduct pre-award assessments and assist with the financial monitoring of grant agreements and compliance to PEPFAR and USAID rules and regulations.
The position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Indonesian nationals and candidates currently based in the region are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership for all financial and grant management activities.
- Maintains the LINKAGES Indonesia project’s accounting system to support management of financial information required for monitoring, evaluation, and decision making, and submits the monthly accounting report to HQ. Maintains software for providing documentation for accounting transactions, enter all transactions and resolve any discrepancies or clarification for accounting records.
- Provides expenditure tracking and analysis for all costs incurred related to LINKAGES per FHI 360 standard operating procedures and conducts pipeline analysis to ensure effective financial management.
- Assists in developing and reviewing LINKAGES project budgets.
- Works with LINKAGES HQ on PEPFAR expenditures reporting and cost analyses.
- Conducts pre-award assessments and site visit reviews with implementing partners and monitors payments and reporting.
- Works with LINKAGES HQ on sub-award documentation and the management and monitoring of sub-awards.
- Provides capacity building support to civil society implementing partners on sub-award financial reporting and USAID and PEPFAR compliance.
- Works with the M&E Officer in determining the cost per key population intervention such as outreach, care, testing and counseling and treatment.
- Coordinates with auditors and FHI 360 HQ on program and internal audits and ensures findings and recommendations of auditors are resolved.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Indonesia.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience working with civil society organizations on financial reporting and compliance for HIV and/or health-related activities.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff and USAID as needed.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country if needed.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Studies.
- CPA certification or equivalent.
- At least 7 years relevant experience in non-governmental accounts and financial management.
- At least 3 years of experience managing grants and other contractual arrangements.
- At least 5 years prior work experience on USAID funded programs with USAID PEPFAR funded programs preferred.
- Previous experience with procurements and logistics, particularly HIV-related procurement.
- Working knowledge of accounting software.
- Good communication skills and good command in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesian.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO/PVO environment desirable.
- Previous experience in Indonesia is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Interested candidates, please register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at HERE
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.