Social Media Communications Advisor and Key Populations Liaison
Requisition # 15981
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Social Media Communications Advisor and Key Populations Liaison, LINKAGES based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES Social Media Communication Advisor and Key Population Liaison provides technical oversight and assistance to the project in the areas of social and behavior change communication (SBCC), capacity strengthening, community mobilization, and advocacy, with an emphasis on the use of digital tools to effectively reach and engage key populations and link them to and retain them in services. Ensures that efforts are evidence-based, community-driven and contribute to the deliverables in the annual LINKAGES implementation plan.
This position is critical for the development of quality and evidence-based approaches for the improving the effectiveness of outreach using digital tools for HIV and STI testing and counseling, referrals, behavior change, peer outreach and navigation activities for men who have sex with men (MSM), female sex workers (FSW), people who inject drugs (PWID) and transgender persons (TG). The Social Media Communications Advisor and Key Populations Liaison will stay up to date on the latest approaches and tools in the use of social media and other digital approaches for key population outreach and review the local partner peer outreach and navigation approaches, methodologies and materials to ensure high quality standards are followed.
The Social Media Communications Advisor and Key Populations Liaison will assist in assuring that provision for both HIV positive and negative clients is of the highest quality following GOI and PEPFAR protocols and standards. This position will contribute to the training of civil society and MOH partners in public and private settings to use state-of-the-art virtual tools to reach key populations more effectively and link them to discrimination and stigma-free service provision.
The position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Indonesian nationals and candidates currently based in the region are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides social media, communications, mobilization and advocacy technical assistance to achieve LINKAGES programmatic goals, with a strong focus on the use of mobile, digital and web-based tools and approaches.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of mobilization and advocacy technical activities in the LINKAGES work plan using social media and mobile tools and techniques.
- Assists Government of Indonesia (GOI), civil society organizations and LINKAGES staff members and other partners in Indonesia in the training of key population community representatives, peer outreach, MOH and others in the use of digital tools, platforms and metrics/analytical techniques to extend the reach and effectiveness of in-person outreach and referral.
- Works to implement a key population focus of the PLHIV stigma index.
- Assists to identify barriers to the uptake of HIV service for key population groups and ways to address those barriers using social media, mobile and web-based tools working with civil society, private businesses and government.
- Works collaboratively MOH, DERAP, Global Fund Principal Recipients, civil society organizations and the entire LINKAGES team in Indonesia and ensures strong coordination among team partners on the implementation of technical activities.
- Contributes to the achievement of high quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan and performance monitoring plan.
- Contributes to program quality according to FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Contributes to the production of timely and accurate technical reports to FHI 360 and USAID as required.
- Coordinates and meets with, as appropriate, USAID, the Ministry of Health, and local and international partners and other stakeholders in Indonesia.
- Contributes to work plan activities; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation including assisting in the provision of technical assistance to each grant partner for the provision of high quality services; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
- Contributes to the development of Scopes of Work (SOW), memorandums of understanding (MOUs), technical management of activities for consultants and local institutions partnering with LINKAGES to ensure that activity timeframes and budgets are met and products are reviewed and finalized.
- Reports regularly LINKAGES Country Representative/Indonesia on progress and status of LINKAGES activities in Indonesia.
- Proven skills in the development and application of social media, digital, mobile and web-based tools and approaches for the implementation and measurement of HIV prevention, care, and treatment projects for FSW, PWID, MSM, and TG in Indonesia or other countries in the region.
- Knowledge of processes for developing, implementing and measuring HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs with key population groups in Indonesia, with emphasis on digital/virtual networking.
- Understands the HIV-related needs of key populations in Indonesia, including FSW, PWID, MSM, and TG and have worked to support and implement activities to reduce stigma and discrimination.
- Design, implementation, and management of public health/international development programs funded by USAID.
- Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Indonesia.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience working with civil society organizations to plan and implement HIV behavior change communication activities using social media, and other mobile or web-based tools.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff and USAID.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Experience identifying, designing and brokering public-private partnerships, especially in the technology field.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR programming and reporting preferred.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international non-governmental organization environment desirable.
- Degree in Communication, Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) or related field.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated behavior change communication, mobilization and advocacy using social media or other digital or web-based tools and approaches.
- Substantial technical expertise in HIV prevention, care, and treatment with FSW, PWID, MSM, and TG.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated excellence in a senior level technical advisor and leadership position, preferably in an international development context and working with key population groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesian.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Interested candidates, please register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at HERE
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.