The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Indonesia/Banda Aceh, we are looking for a/an :
Provincial Coordinator Aceh – REDD+, Support to Indonesia's climate change response (m/f) JOB-ID: 22858
Field of activity :
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development-policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area GIZ International Services is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services has been shortlisted for the up-coming EU-funded project “Support to Indonesia’s climate change response - Technical Cooperation Component” in Indonesia.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
Indonesia achieves its climate change response objectives in the LULUCF (land use, land-use change and forestry) sector through low carbon, resource efficiency, biodiversity and livelihoods optimal development planning and implementation.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
Aceh province contributes in an effective and coherent way to the national REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation) strategy, by designing and streamlining provincial REDD+ strategies with existing development planning frameworks and by implementing and monitoring sustainable, participatory, transparent, low-carbon and economically sound land-use decisions.
Your tasks :
As Provincial Coordinator in Aceh (m/f), you will support the Team Leader in implementing project activities and delivering project results in Aceh province.
Your profile :
Qualifications and skills:
- Master's degree or equivalent in any discipline relevant to the project;
- Proven overall knowledge of key climate change policy areas and response mechanisms such as REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation), MRV (Monitoring, Reporting and Verification), LEDS (Low Emissions Development Strategies), FLEGT-VPA (Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade Voluntary Partnership Agreement) etc.
- Excellent team leadership, organisation, liaison and communication skills;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English. Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia would be an advantage;
General professional experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, including 5 years in fields related to the project with governmental organisation, non-governmental organisation, international organisation, the private sector or university / research body;
- Experience in the field of international development cooperation;
- Experience in the management of projects, including planning, monitoring and evaluation, supervision of technical, administrative and logistical tasks, budget management, communication etc.;
Specific professional experience:
- Working experience preferably in Aceh province would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the EU FLEGT-VPA and/or the Indonesia SVLK system (Indonesia's Timber Legality Assurance System - Sistem Verifikasi Legalitas Kayu) would be an advantage.
Assignment period :
The intended start date is January 2016 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date. The Provincial Coordinator in Aceh (m/f) will have an input of 650 working days.
Assignment location :
Banda Aceh, Indonesia
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.