Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non‐governmental organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Established in 1915, HKI maintains its Headquarters in New York City, with Regional Offices in Senegal and Phnom Penh to support 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
Since the 1970s, HKI‐Indonesia has been working to establish sustainable evidence‐based approaches to enhance health and nutrition, improve education for the disabled, and expand access to eye health services for Indonesians, particularly women and children.
HKI-Indonesia’s programs are integrated at all levels of the government health and education structures by helping to develop its human resources and infrastructure, conduct needs assessments, analyze local context to inform program design and implementation, train personnel, provide basic equipment and medicines, deliver services if needed, and monitor program progress and evaluate program impact.
We are currently seeking a Senior Operations Coordinator reports directly to the country director and supports the efficient implementation of program support functions including human resources, administration, procurement, property management, vehicle management, information technology, security/staff safety, maintaining HKI’s relationship with the government as it relates to our Memorandum of Understanding, and supervising the operational team within the office.
The Senior Operations Coordinator will assist HKI-Indonesia’s staff as we implement activities in our three technical areas of nutrition, eye health, and education for children with disabilities. In addition, the Senior Operations Coordinator will oversee all HR issues for the Jakarta office and field offices in other cities. In addition, the Senior Operations coordinator will serve as the lead point of contact between HKI-Indonesia and the Government of the Republic of Indonesia to ensure HKI-Indonesia’s compliance with government rules and regulations. Finally, the Senior Operations Coordinator will supervise the cross-cutting operations staff in Jakarta.
- Supervising and providing support to the Jakarta-based operations team;
- Supervising and providing support to field-based administrative and operations teams in coordination with the relevant program manager;
- In coordination with HKI-Indonesia’s country director and other members of the office, serve as HKI-Indonesia’s liaison for maintaining HKI-Indonesia’s relationship with five ministries (Ministry of Health, Ministry of State Secretary, Ministry of Manpower, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Finance, and Ministry of National Education and Culture), the Directorate General of Immigration, and the Directorate General of Customs & Excise (among others), to ensure the coordination and the follow up of administrative documents related to HKI-Indonesia’s Memorandum of Understanding with the government of the Republic of Indonesia, partnership documents, visa and work permits for foreign staff, vehicle documents, and duty free purchases;
- Ensuring that asset management, travel, procurement, communication with partners and government, coordination, safety, and security needs are met;
- Ensuring the appropriate management of all important communications to external partners and other HKI offices worldwide;
- Ensuring that our offices are maintained properly;
- Serving as the backup on HR issues;
- Serving as a member of the Country Management Team;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in a relevant field including human resources, business, management, law, or psychology, etc.;
- Minimum five years of experience in human resources, especially in NGO operations;
- Minimum three years’ experience in advocacy with the government, especially in NGO operation;
- Capacity to be self-reliant, results-oriented, detail-oriented, and manage multiple deadlines;
- Ability to exercise good judgement;
- Familiarity with the legal components of Indonesian Labor Law;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive–a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives;
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality for internal documents;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills in Bahasa Indonesian and English;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English;
- Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing; and
- Ability to travel domestically on short notice.
How to Apply
People with disabilities or special needs are encouraged to apply. Please email your curriculum vitae or resume and a cover letter (in English) to Indonesia.Recruitment@hki.org by 6 September (5pm Jakarta-time) and put "Sr.Operation Coordinator" as a subject of your e-mail.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.