Title: Program Manager - Rule of Law Program
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term, internationally recruited
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
ABOUT IDLOThe International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, Global Initiatives (based in The Hague) and in close coordination with IDLO Programs Department, Research and Learning Department and the Organizational Services Department, the Program Manager-Rule of Law Program will be responsible for the following main duties
1. Enhance coordination and synergy of Rule of Law initiatives in the Indonesian law and justice sector:
- Develop a program framework for the Rule of Law Fund for the Justice sector of Indonesia in alignment with the strategic goals outlined in the Joint Declaration on a Comprehensive Partnership between Indonesia and the Netherlands as well as the Multi Annual Strategic Plan 2014-2017 of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Indonesia;
- Implement targeted activities to enhance communication and collaboration between law and justice stakeholders and grantees in Indonesia and the ASEAN Region;
- Build effective networks with relevant program partners, policy makers, donors and civil society actors to further the interests of the program in Indonesia and ASEAN Region;
- Conduct missions within Indonesia and ASEAN Region to explore program opportunities, liaise with stakeholders, and assess proposed projects;
- Promote IDLO's strategic vision among partner organizations, agencies, and/or donors;
- Proactively identify partnership and funding opportunities for the Organization;
- Lead in communicating (internally and externally) Rule of Law Fund's aims, objectives, strategies and achievements;
2. Assume direct responsibility for managing the Rule of Law Fund by ensuring:
- Contribute to the preparation of program documents including the annual budget and work plan taking available human and financial resources into account;
- Program funds are made available when needed, and are disbursed properly in a timely fashion following the IDLO procedures;
- Expenditures are in accordance with the program document and/or existing program work plans;
- Accounting records and supporting documents are properly kept and required financial reports are prepared, with appropriate analysis of expenditures and issues in disbursement;
- Financial operations are transparent and comply with financial procedures/regulations;
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) mechanism for the program's financial, administrative, and operational activities in close cooperation with IDLO's Finance, Research and Learning department; Ensure monitoring, evaluation and audits are undertaken as per IDLO standards & guidelines;
- Prepare program progress reports ( as required / financial and substantive) against set targets and indicators, with an analysis of evidence of progress towards planned outputs according to schedules, budgets, and inputs provided by the program;
- Keep the Program Manager, Global Initiatives updated regularly on program developments and challenges.
3. Oversight projects of external program implementing agencies/sub-contractors funded under the Rule of Law Fund
- Ensure calls for proposals are in line with the program framework and strategic objectives;
- Organise transparent and timely selection of proposals in close collaboration with the donor country;
- Mobilize competent national and international experts as needed within the Program framework;
- Ensure that all agreements with implementing agencies are prepared, negotiated, agreed upon and executed to the expected standards and in a timely manner;
- Ensure that the implementing agencies mobilize and deliver the inputs in accordance with their letters of agreement or contracts;
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum of a university degree in: law/ business development / business management/ social sciences or a related field. A post graduate degree is preferred.
- The ideal candidate should have six to eight (6-8) years of combined legal and program management experiences preferably in Indonesia and The Netherlands. Additional work experiences in the ASEAN region is an asset.
- S/he should have substantial professional experiences in management of funds in an international setting (UN, IGO, international NGO) including grants. Experience in rule of law programs is essential.
- Experience of program development and management in two or more regions is desirable.
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English is essential.
- Working knowledge of Dutch and Bahasa Indonesia is highly desirable.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally externally.
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable in multi-cultural and matrix management settings.
- Self-motivated, hands-on and solution oriented professional; able to function effectively in a rapidly changing and dynamic work environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field, including post conflict locations.
- Ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication techniques.
- Strong attention to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft office package, particularly MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO's mandate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
IDLO offers competitive remuneration and benefit package for this fixed-term internationally recruited position and in the range of € 60,000.- per annum, according to qualifications and experience. IDLO benefit package includes: full insurance coverage including life insurance, through Vanbreda/Cigna International to the staff member.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website HERE and submit the completed IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter. IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications. Due to immediate need, applications will be reviewed an ongoing basis and candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the staff member assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is 16 August 2015.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.