Terms of Reference
OnTrackMedia Indonesia (OTMI) is a local organization that specialises in public awareness campaigns and media consultancy with resources made of experienced journalists, experts and staffs that work to international standards. OTMI specialises in using creative campaign such as sinetron (soap operas), radio dramas and games, as well as more streamlined campaign like documentaries, training videos, media relations and journalism workshops to help people learn how to protect themselves and their communities.
OTMI mission is to educate the public about the dangers and problems that threaten their lives, livelihoods or environment through the use of media while its strategic vision remains steadfastly committed in producing carefully crafted campaigns focused on raising awareness and influencing behaviours and attitudes that promote well being and a culture of safety to the Indonesian Public. OTMI initiatives on anti human trafficking campaign were nominated as one of the world’s best practices in the 2006 US State Department’s Trafficking in Persons (TIP) report by the then Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
Since its establishment in 2005, OTMI has provided services and partnered with CBAIC/USAID, British Embassy, British Council, European Union, UNICEF, UNFPA, World Bank, American Red Cross, Canadian Red Cross, United States Centers for Disease Control, United Nations Foundation, World Health Organization, ACILS/ICMC, Channel 4 (UK), Medco, CARITAS, IFRC, NDI, TIFA Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, DFAT, National Scout Movement and The Ministry of National Education in providing public awareness campaigns to Indonesian public. Currently OTMI is looking for 1 (one) qualified :
Project AssistantDuty station: Jakarta
- Assist in the planning, coordination and arrangements for successful conduction of mission events and project implementation such as seminars/conferences, training, meetings (external and internal), presentations, and other: including travel and hotel arrangements, and trip itineraries
- Set up appointments/meetings with Government and partner organizations
- Handling administration and financial matters within the project implementation
- Collect and provide necessary information and contribute to the planning, organizing and developing of all aspects of the projects
- Ensure timely implementation of activities, in accordance with project schedules issued by the Project Coordinators/Program Manager
- Draft/type letters, faxes, as well as documents and forms related to Program activities
- Taking meeting notes and maintain an efficient filling system for all project related records
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by Project Coordinators, Program Manager and Director in relation with project implementation and daily management of the organisation
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience :
- Bachelor (S1) degree in social, politic, journalism and media studies or other relevant field of work or related studies
- At least 2 years of relevant experiences
- Experiences in development project and/or organisations will be highly regarded
- Experienced in writing an article or blog is an advantage
- Fresh Graduates with relevant organisational, journalism or research experiences are encouraged to apply
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and
- computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Good knowledge on the role of mainstream media, social media as well as journalism aspect will be an advantage
- Good management and organisation skills
- Experienced in maintaining network with government and other project stakeholders.
- Good communication skills
- Good degree of proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Good sense of humour is a must
- Have the capacity to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Willing to undertake field travel and work under demanding conditions
- Ability to establish priorities and undertake assigned tasks with minimum supervision
C. Contract Period
- Contract period of the Project Assistant is one year with three months probation period and could be extended thereafter.
Application should include a cover letter, CV (including three references), current salary, expected salary, available start date and contact number by Friday, 21 st August 2015 at the latest.
Please send applications indicating ‘Project Assistant’ as the subject of your email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.