|Position||: Medical Assistant|
|Division/Department||: Medical Unit|
|Salary||: Rp. 105,534,012 Annually|
|Location||: Based in Surabaya, works throughout Indonesia|
|Reports to||: PCMO|
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Places the highest priority on providing friendly, prompt, and efficient service and support to Peace Corps Indonesia Trainees, Volunteers, and staff.
- Functions successfully as a team member and completes all tasks within a timely manner.
- Maintains strict medical confidentiality when dealing with all oral or written medical information related to volunteers and trainees.
- Processes, receives and stock checks all supplies and equipment obtained by local purchase or ordered from outside Indonesia.
- Maintains a current and accurate database inventory of supplies of medications, health and medical equipment, etc., to meet anticipated routine and emergency health needs. This includes tracking the status of all orders and amounts spent against the medical budget and providing quarterly reports reflecting this information to the PCMO and DMO.
- Manages MS 734 inventory procedures and keep database up to date.
- Tracks expired medications and ensures disposal per required protocols, documenting destruction and recording in the inventory.
- Orders and stocks medical supplies and equipment on a regular and timely basis and coordinates the purchase of medical supplies locally when possible.
- Assists in emergencies and medevac preparation when requested by the PCMOs. This may require work after hours or on weekends as needed.
- Assists with maintenance of PC Trainees' and PC Volunteers' Health records, keeping them under combination lock and limiting access to insure medical confidentiality in compliance with the provision of the Privacy Act.
- Organizes PCMO site-visit travels to Volunteers' sites in coordination with the safety and programming staff.
- Handles payments for various sources, such as: dentists, doctors, pharmacies, etc.
- Negotiates payments, establish and maintain relationship with pharmacies, laboratories, radiological facilities and numerous specialists.
- Participates in the process of site development by providing the medical staff with information on region-specific trends and incidents that may have a potential impact on Volunteer health, including environmental restrictions on site selection.
- Reviews medical portion of PCV EAPs for accuracy and obtains regional information regarding access to medical providers and emergency medical services.
- Assists in the administration and delivery of training as required and supervised by the PCMO and Training Manager
- Responds to emails related to PCVs' health problems and administrative inquiries.
- Monitors msupplies email inbox and sends notification of supplies sent to PCV.
- Tracks PCT/PCV immunizations and documents all vaccinations given on Peace Corps Immunization Record and WHO cards
- Arranges and coordinates all PCV medical appointments (using appointment calendar), including Health Unit visits, and referrals to local consultants.
- Accompany Volunteers to consultations and medical tests when requested by the PCMOs/APCMO and provide translation as needed.
- Translates patient consultations and medical test results from French to English.
- Prepares and distributes medical supplies and over-the-counter medications to PCVs under the direction of the PCMOs. All prescription refills to be approved by one of the PCMOs.
- Monitors drug recalls and informs PCMOs
- Tracks all labs ordered and consultant visits on logs and ensures prompt receipt of all test results and reports from consultants.
- Enters all patient contacts in master log and tracks patient care follow-up required by PCMOs.
- Prepares monthly epidemiological report from patient care log under PCMO supervision.
- Establishes and maintains the in-country referral network of health care providers, including a directory of in-country consultants and facilities and visits local providers when requested.
- Assists PCMOs with updating the Indonesia medical evacuation plan for all PCVs.
- Assists PCMOs in updating the country survey on an annual basis.
- The Medical Assistant may occasionally be asked to complete special projects and assignments for the PCMOs or other members of the senior staff.
- To meet the safety and security provisions detailed in the MS 270 manual and assist PC/Indonesia in maintaining full compliance with MS 270.
- Be familiar with the Emergency Action Plan, their responsibilities in the event of an emergency and the procedures for reporting and responding to safety and security incidents.
- Report any suspicious activity that might put the volunteer/trainee at risk.
- Other tasks as required to support the mission of Peace Corps Indonesia
- The Contractor is subject to worldwide availability and may be requested by the Peace Corps to be reassigned or transferred permanently to another Peace Corps Post/Headquarters or perform temporary duties (TDY) as required and to travel to other assignments within Peace Corps’ as assigned. Any such reassignment or transfer shall be subject to agreement of the Contractor. The Statement of Work as defined will remain the same; however the duties may be subject to change as determined by the Contracting Officer.
- Must possess and demonstrate high quality composition, personal organization, and time management skills with the ability to pay attention to small details.
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs; Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge required.
- Willingness to perform non-routine tasks in emergency situations.
- The position of Medical Assistant requires a mature individual capable of maintaining the strictest confidentiality regarding the treatment of patients in the Medical Unit. PC/Indonesia enforces a strict policy regarding any violation of the PC policy on Medical Confidentiality. Therefore, any confirmed breach of this code will be grounds for immediate dismissal.
- The contractor must have sufficient fluency with spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia to serve as a competent interpreter and translator as necessary for technical medical subjects.
- The contractor shall be available and prepared to travel 20% of the time, as Volunteer and program needs dictate.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.