SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV supports local organizations (state and non-state), mostly at the provincial and district level, through a combination of advisory, knowledge brokering and advocacy services with a focus on working at scale. Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) is one of three key sectors that SNV invests in to contribute towards pro-poor development, through improved access to basic services and production, income and employment.
The Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Programme in Lampung
SNV supports the Government of Indonesia in its efforts to improve sanitation and hygiene conditions in the country. Benefits include improved health, reduced risk of disease and increased productivity and income for millions of families. The Government of Indonesia have developed a number of sanitation and hygiene programmes, including the STBM (Sanitasi Total Berbasis Masyarakat) programme, dedicated to improved hygiene and sanitation in rural areas and the PPSP (Percepatan Pembangunan Sanitasi Permukiman), focused on the challenges of urban sanitation. Combined, both programmes support the national target of achieving 100% sanitation coverage by 2019.
In the Lampung province, SNV supports the Local Governments to roll out the STBM and the PPSP programmes at scale and with quality. SNV support to the STBM programme is focused in the districts of Lampung Selatan, Pringsewu and Tanggamus. Support to the PPSP programme is targeting the districts of Pringsewu and Lampung Selatan, where it includes a pilot initiative on regular desluding in the city of Kalianda.
With a strategy that combines sanitation demand creation, communication for behavior change, sanitation business services and improved sector steering, SNV has the goal of improving life conditions for 300.000 persons in the Lampung Province.
The WASH Programme Assistant will support both the Rural and the Urban sanitation programmes in the Lampung Province, providing Administrative, Financial and Logistic assistance to the SNV advisors and to the planning, implementation and monitoring of the programme activities. The WASH Programme Assistant reports to the Programme Manager for Rural WASH programme and to the Programme Manager for the Urban WASH Programme. His/her main responsibilities are the following:
Financial Administration support:
- In coordination with SNV advisors, prepare and check activities forecasts, budgets, and expenditure
- Follow up on program related receipts and payments, based on guidelines of the Finance Officer and financial procedures.
Human Resources Administration:
- Supervise and lead support staff engaged in the programme (drivers, office assistants), including approval of monthly timesheets
- Prepare meeting agendas,
- Arrange meetings and appointments
- Produce reports of meetings and programme activities as per advisors requests
- Receive and answer phone calls and emails,
- Draft correspondence,
- Signal bottlenecks in planning and operations and suggest solutions
- Make travel arrangement for programme members and travel delegations,
- Manage car utilization,
- Provide basic ICT support,
- Manage SNV’s office in Lampung (equipment and maintenance)
- Arrange the program procurements in coordination with Procurement Officer and other activities related to the programs, based on the authorization, guidelines and with the approval of the Programme Manager
- Proper filing of documents both hardcopies and softcopies for the Urban and Rural Programmes.
- University degree in accounting or finance or management
- Minimum 3 (three) years of related experiences preferably in an International NGO/s
- Good skills in project monitoring and evaluation, finance and administration with a positive hands on attitude
- Good analytical skills and numerical skills
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to liaise with donors, partners and government officials
- Good organizing skills and interpersonal skills
- Initiative and creative in solving problems
- Knowledge of the sectors that SNV works in is an advantage
- Good command of spoken and written English, fluent in Bahasa Indonesia
- Good computer skills (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point, Internet and E-mail)
Duty station: Bandar Lampung, with some travel to the districts of Pringsewu, Tanggamus and Lampung Selatan
Contract duration: 1 year contract with the possibility of extension.
How to apply
Please send your application letter describing how you meet the candidate profile and a CV, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package with "PA WASH" as subject to email@example.com by 18 August 2015.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.