55411 UNOCHA ADMINSITRATIVE & FINANCE ASSOCIATE (FOR INDONESIAN NATIONALITY ONLY)
Location : Jakarta, INDONESIA
Application Deadline : Saturday, 19 April 2025
Type of Contract : FTA Local
Post Level : GS-7
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : 12 months
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Humanitarian Affairs Officer (Deputy to Head of Office), the Administrative & Finance Associate provides Administration, Protocol, Financial, Procurement, Inventory and Personnel services for OCHA Indonesia, implements OFFIS and FAS systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to OCHA staff on the rules and regulations, and supervise Admin/Coordination Associate and driver. The Administrative & Finance Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Elaboration and implementation of operational strategies
- Management of financial resources
- Organization and human resources management and supervision of the operation team
- Organization and management of Logistic services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Full compliance of administrative, financial, human resources and procurement activities with UN/UNDP/OCHA rules, regulations, policies and strategies, and in close collaboration with UNDP operation team/OCHA HQs/OCHA ROAP;
- Implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented operation management system;
- CO operation business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in operations and internal control of the workflows
- Implementation of contract strategy in close collaboration with UNDP, including recruitment of staff and tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, and risk assessment.
2. Ensure effective management of financial resources of OCHA focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation and modifications of Office budgets/cost plans, follow up with UN OCHA HQs
- Prepare quarterly requests for funds (Financial Authorization) in line with approved cost plans. Monitor expenditures against Financial Authorizations.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments (payroll for national staff) and follow up on monthly payments, liaise with UNDP to ensure timely payments.
- Prepare budget for workshop
- Reconcile inter-office voucher (IOVs) with Geneva and UNDP, to confirm accuracy of accounts, correct financial entry as required, and ensure UNDP IOVs provide adequate information to allow for reconciliation with OCHA's accounting system.
- Maintain and update Financial Accounting System based on the current programme
3. Ensure effective management of procurement and human resources management and supervision of the operation team focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement and recruitment plans for the office in close coordination with UNDP procurement unit
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation, and in close coordination with UNDP procurement unit.
- Implementation of the strategic approach to recruitment in OCHA office, use of contractual modalities, forecast the staffing needs, performance evaluation and staff career development management (PAS-Performance Appraisal System).
- Effective supervision and development of team work for all operation staff under Admin/Finance Associate supervision.
- Ensure that separating staff have completed in country formalities prior to departure and ensure that staff time and attendance is properly maintained, verified and submitted in a timely manner to UNDP for national staff and to HR officer OCHA HQ for international staff.
- Maintain and update data base Country Office staff in the website
4. Ensure organization and management of logistic services focusing on achievement of following results:
- Close coordination with UNDP Operation Unit, in the areas of travel management, visa/government clearance for international staff, vehicle maintenance, and conference facilities arrangements.
- Maintenance a recovery system for private use of OCHA assets, in particular phone and vehicle usage.
- Ensure adequate office supplies for office operation and maintain a system for allocation and tracking.
- Supervise travel authorization, ensuring appropriate justification, costing and approvals
- Coordinate wit OCHA Geneva in maintaining inventory of assets, ensuring that all OCHA property is properly labeled, assigned and tracked. Perform physical inventory twice a year. Inform Head Office of any discrepancies, Advise of obsolete or damaged good inline with OCHA/UNDP regulations.
- In collaboration with the department of Safety and Security (DSS) and Head of Office assist in ensuring Minimum Operation Security Standard (MOSS) compliance for vehicle, office and residential compliance (MORSS)
5. Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing following results:
- Management of trainings for OCHA staff
- Provide guidance on financial administration to administrative and programme colleagues.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall OCHA efficiency in operational/administrative management and success in implementation of operational strategies. Accurate analysis and presentation of administrative, logistic, procurement, human resources and financial information ensures proper operational processes in OCHA. Timely and appropriate delivery of services ensures overall timely delivery of OCHA activities.
Corporate Responsibility and teamwork:
- Serves and promotes the vision, mission, values strategic goals of UNDP
- Plans, prioritizes and delivers task on time
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others
- Responds flexibly & positively to change through active involvement.
- Recognizes & responds appropriately the ideas, interest & concern of others; gives credit to the contributions of others
- Promotes a learning environment; facilitates the development of individual and team competencies
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals
- Generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations
Partnering & Networking:
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP.
Innovation & Judgment:
- Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems and how they are relate
- Strive for quality client-centered services (internal/external) when making decisions and taking action
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates strong skills of a successful negotiator
Job Knowledge & Expertise:
- Demonstrate substantive & technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and post requirement with excellence
- Uses Information Technology effectively as a tool and rescue
Required Skills and Experience
Education: University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economic or related fields.
Experience: Minimum six (6) years of relevant experience at the national or international Administration/Finance. Experience with emergency operations or any other UN agency.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
Indonesian and English
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
UN Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UN Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.