Executing Agency Liaison Officer
Job Code: EALO-JKT
Type of Employment: Long Term Technical Assistance (LTTA)
Following USAID Assistance Agreement No. No. 497-AA-030 and the Implementation Letter No.4, the USAID Environment Office and the designated Executing Agency (EA) at Bappenas developed an Implementation Arrangement (IA) to implement Projects and Activities under the USAID environmental portfolio to achieve IRs 2.1.3, 3.2 and 3.3. Under the IA, an “EA Secretariat” will be established to support the work of the EA and Facility Board. Under the EA, a “Technical Team” will be established for each thematic area addressed under the USAID environment portfolio, including: 1) Marine and Coastal Biodiversity; 2) Terrestrial Biodiversity; 3) Clean Energy; 4) Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation and Resilience; and 5) Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
In support of the establishment and operation of the EA Secretariat, a Liaison Officer will be engaged under the USAID/IUWASH contract. This individual will be posted in the Bappenas office and report to the designated Environment Office EA at Bappenas and the Director of the USAID Environment Office. On a day-to-day basis, the Liaison Officer will work closely with and support the EA Secretariat, the Chairs and members of the Technical Teams, and relevant USAID Office of Environment staff and specialists. For all contract and administrative support issues, they will refer to the designated position supervisor at USAID/IUWASH.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
· Support coordination of USAID activities with the EA Secretariat and other relevant national and sub-national government agencies .
· Prepare progress reports as concerns the implementation of USAID activities for review by the EA Secretariat .
· Coordinate and prepare required administrative documentation and correspondence to facilitate the work of the EA Secretariat, including those related to visa and work permit, grantee contributions, required BAST reporting, etc.
· Arrange and provide support to EA Secretariat and Technical Team meetings and events.
· Assist in ensure effective and efficient operations of the EA Secretariat.
· Coordinate with all EA Secretariat of Technical Teams to ensure that support offered through the USAID Environment portfolio is being delivered in an effective, efficient and accountable manner.
· Exercise a high degree of diplomacy, consensus-building, teamwork, maturity, independence, and flexibility to effectively fulfill the responsibilities of the position, especially considering the political sensitivities and complexities of the position.
· At least Bachelor’s degree (S1 or equivalent) in International Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, Political Science, or related development field.
· Must have a minimum of five years of experience working in international development, or related field. This experience includes a minimum of 3 years working with donor organization, or central and provincial government offices in Indonesia.
· Fluency Speaking/reading/writing in English and Indonesian is required. Must be able to interpret agency policy, guidance and follow procedures accurately.
· The incumbent must have superior knowledge of general development principles and approaches, the Indonesian development environment, and the Government of Indonesia’s (GOI) development priorities.
· Have understanding of program design, implementation, financial management, and monitoring and evaluation.
· Possess knowledge of the local political, government and regulatory context; local development issues and challenges; international development principles and approaches, including aid effectiveness; and USAID policies and processes, especially related to project implementation.
· Must have good judgment and strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work independently on multiple tasks and meet deadline.
· Must be able to mentor and train others and have proficiency in Microsoft Office application.
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_recruitment@dai.com no later than 10 (ten) days of the advertisement (5 Sep 2015). Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.