The World Cocoa Foundation (WCF), a non-profit foundation of the global chocolate and cocoa industry, promotes a sustainable cocoa economy through economic and social development and environmental conservation in cocoa growing communities in West Africa, Latin America and Southeast Asia. WCF works with its members to create unique public-private partnerships that support cocoa sustainability throughout the entire cocoa value chain, from small holder farmers to improvements in cocoa quality and value-addition.
WCF is a sub-recipient of funding for the Green Prosperity - Sustainable Cocoa Production Partnership (GP-SCPP) led by Swisscontact. The project is supported by funding from the Millennium Challenge Account and seven companies. The project aims to reduce poverty and greenhouse gas emissions in the Indonesian cocoa sector. The project includes activities related to productivity, the environment, nutrition, finance, and multi-stakeholder collaboration. WCF's role in the project is focused on cocoa research (particularly related to the environment) and multi-stakeholder collaboration.
Estimated start date: September 1 2015.
The Indonesia Industry Liaison & Advisor will be responsible for
- Leading the project steering committee function - including developing agenda, meeting content, facilitating meeting and note taking. This work will be conducted in collaboration with home office staff.
- Work with Indonesia's cocoa public-private partnership platform (the Cocoa Sustainability Partnership - CSP) staff to facilitate industry alignment on environment and productivity programs
- Share relevant learnings from CocoaAction and industry programs in other cocoa-growing regions through GP-SCPP
- Support preparation of learnings from GP-SCPP, especially on the environment, to be disseminated to international industry and broader cocoa sector stakeholders
- Support CSP staff and industry members to discuss policy issues relevant to GP-SCPP objectives and the broader cocoa sector
- Participate in CSP task forces to develop common KPIs U.S.
- Share learnings with CSP on task force management and structure based on WCF's experience from other PPPPs and industry groups
- Acting as the field-based counterpart to the Associate Director based in Washington, DC, and to ensure effective communication flows between Indonesia and WCF
- Assisting with registration process
Additionally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate
- 10+ years of relevant work experience including with the private sector, preferably in cocoa or other agricultural commodities
- Strong written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia, with the ability to conduct WCF business in both languages
- Experience in and demonstrated commitment to development work focused on one or more of the following areas: agriculture, environment, and economic development with a proven track record in taking strategy to action and delivering on program execution
- Experience working with senior-level executives and government officials, with the capability of inspiring confidence and passion in both internal and external audiences
- Advanced strategy and planning skills, including an ability to think strategically on both organizational and systemic levels over multi-year horizons
- Experience in building and maintaining existing relationships with, or ability to build relationships with, a cross-sectorial range of stakeholders in the local or regional area, including senior executives
- A proven track record of leading, inspiring, and developing high performance teams
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with a diverse set of high profile stakeholders, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Public-Private Partnership Platform management would be an advantage
- Initiative and commitment to WCF's mission
- Self-directed work style with comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment requiring sound judgment; willingness to 'roll up one's sleeves' and extend beyond formal responsibilities based on the needs of the work
Compensation for the position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to e-mail their cover letter describing their interest in this role and WCF including consulting rate requirements and résumé to: email@example.com at their earliest convenience.
Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis to select a successful candidate. Successful candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample. When applying, please note 'Indonesia Industry Liaison & Advisor Consultancy' in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.