Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EoIs) for Short-Term Technical Assistance positions for the USAID/OFDA-funded Institutionalizing Disaster Preparedness and Management Capacity of BPBDs in Indonesia through Technical Assistance and Training Teams (TATTs). This program aims to increase the institutional and technical capacity of BPBDs in six (6) provinces: Papua, West Papua, Maluku, North Maluku, Central Java and Southeast Sulawesi.
The TATTs Program started in October 2014 and works in partnership with the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) and provincial disaster management agencies (BPBD) in the six target provinces. The program seeks to support the provincial BPBDs through technical assistance and technical training to improve delivery of inclusive DRM services. A specialist TATTs team is embedded within the offices of each of the provincial BPBD. These teams are responsible for identifying the key organizational, institutional and technical challenges facing the disaster management agencies and assisting them on a day-to-day basis. The TATTs Program works with BNPB’s Training and Education Centre (Pusdiklat) to deliver national training to provinces and districts. At the same time TATTs develops local networks of trainers and facilitators.
As a member of the TATTs Consortium, Cardno is responsible for the provision of professional Short-Term Technical Assistance to provide the program with high standard specialist for the delivery of technical outputs. This EoI is designed to identify key individual for consultant facilitator team that will provide support to TATTs over the life of the program.
A Logistics Training Team to provide support to provincial BPBD on the design and maintenance of disaster preparedness logistics management systems and processes.
Cardno is seeking submissions from individual consultant interested in joining TATTs Short Term Technical Assistance teams. Each team will consist of up to 6 consultants who will be tasked to provide inputs across the six TATTs target provinces.
Indonesian national candidates are particularly encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest for these positions:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field;
- A minimum 10 years experience in DRM facilitation and training or relevant experience;
- Experience implementing USAID or other donor funded programs in Indonesia;
- Experience working with national and sub-national governments in Indonesia;
- Ability in and passion for capacity building, provision of technical assistance, and developing communities of learning;
- Strong communication skills and fluency in Bahasa Indonesia;
- Strong DRM experience and background and understanding of the DRM architecture in Indonesia;
- Strong understanding of the challenges of decentralization in Indonesia and experience working in isolated provinces.
Specific Qualifications for Logistics Trainer position:
- A minimum 5 years experience in logistics training and/or logistics programming;
- Strong understanding of logistics managements systems and logistics management practice in Indonesia;
- Demonstrated understanding of logistics in disaster risk management including logistics management systems, warehouse management systems, emergency logistics, supply chain etc.
- Experience in training national, sub-national (provincial and district) and community stakeholders;
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs.
How to apply for this position
Please send your CV and cover letter (maximum one (1) page) outlining your relevant professional background and experience.
- Email your application your application with the reference “TATTs – STTA LMT” in the subject line to EmergingMarkets.Jakarta@cardno.com (most preferred option).
For further information about this position
Email: EmergingMarkets.Jakarta@cardno.com with the reference “TATTs – STTA LMT” in the subject line.
5.00pm, 25 September 2015
Late applications will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.