Chemonics seeks an Advocacy Campaign and Social Marketing Specialist for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Indonesia Build Indonesia to Take Care of Nature for Sustainability (Bangun Indonesia untuk Jaga Alam demi Keberlanjutan – BIJAK) project. The purpose of the project is to implement an activity to reduce emissions associated with land use change, and improve the management of natural resources and conservation of the country’s remaining biodiversity and tropical forests in Indonesia.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction of activities pertaining to the strengthening of advocacy through constituency and coalition building
- Help develop longer-term commitment to environmental values across the broader public
- Advise Chief of Party in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to strengthen and sustain the efforts of civil society organization advocating policy development and reform which support reductions in greenhouse gas emission and the conservation of valuable biodiversity
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience in designing, implementing, and leading advocacy and/or political campaigns
- Experience with social marketing or strategic communications for behavior change
- Familiarity with polling techniques and the use of mass media and social networks to influence and gain public support
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental values including forest conservation, climate change, and biodiversity conservation programs
- Familiarity with Indonesian culture and society or experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds and a willingness to learn about Indonesian society
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded governance projects a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Verbal and written fluency in English required; proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia strongly preferred
Application Instructions:Send electronic submissions to IndoPolicyReform@gmail.com by October 2, 2015. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.