Chemonics seeks a Biodiversity Conservation Specialist for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Indonesia Build Indonesia to Take Care of Nature for Sustainability (Bangun Indonesia untuk Jaga Alam demi Keberlanjutan – BIJAK) project. The purpose of the project is to implement an activity to reduce emissions associated with land use change, and improve the management of natural resources and conservation of the country’s remaining biodiversity and tropical forests in Indonesia.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction of activities pertaining to the improved management of conservation areas and protection of key marine and terrestrial species
- Advise Chief of Party in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to improve the management of conservation areas and the protection of key species, especially those targeted for wildlife trafficking
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of three years’ professional experience in the prevention and interdiction of wildlife and wildlife products
- Experience with policy reform, data gathering, surveillance, investigation, prosecution, customs operations, or monitoring related financial flows in the area of biodiversity conservation
- Experience in supporting the establishment or operation and broad government and non-governmental platforms
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded governance projects a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Verbal and written fluency in English required; proficiency in Indonesia Bahasa strongly preferred
Send electronic submissions to IndoPolicyReform@gmail.com by October 2, 2015. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.