ChildFund Indonesia has been implementing child-centered programs since 1973 .Through community-based, culturally grounded, participatory program approaches, ChildFund Indonesia works with 16 local partners in 32 districts in eight provinces. In 174 villages where we work, we support 318 ECD exclusive and/or integrated health posts (Posyandu), 87 child-friendly schools and 96 child forums. Through these community-support mechanisms, ChildFund Indonesia ensures local leadership support and ownership of project activities.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Title: Lifestage 2 Specialist
Location: Jakarta - Indonesia
Reporting Relationship: Program Director
Terms of Contract: Initial contract will be Fixed Term, 1 (one) year, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance.
To serve as a national office resource for the conceptualization, development, and technical support of the acquisition and technical quality for child development for children of 6 to 15 years old (Lifestage 2). Our Life stage 2 programming focuses on Educated and confident children that covers education both formal and informal, mainstreaming child protection, gender and DRR to the lifestage 2 programming.
- Provides technical assistance and technical leadership on all issues and projects related to lifestage 2 programming. This includes the development of innovations, development of program designs and analysis of underlying causes of poverty in line with the organizational theories of change and pathways.
- Provides technical assistance to field-based staff in understanding and implementation of lifestage 2 interventions within the Theory of Change (TOC) developmental pathways and program strategy for all Life Stages;
- Develops position statements, methodologies, and frameworks related to ChildFund’s Theories of Change relating to lifestage 2 programming.
- Supports and integrates key education and child development and lifestage 2 concepts and learnings into the development of Local Partners Area Strategic Plans (ASP), program/project, concept papers, proposals, and other organizational initiatives and processes.
- Take the lead on the development of country strategic paper on education and child development and lifestage 2.
- Review and align the program strategy of lifestage 2 to stay current in accordance with the country strategy, global strategy and donors perspective.
- Leads the development of technical proposals and concept notes related to lifestage 2 programming.
- Cultivates relationships with major gift donors and foundations on behalf of the organization, both as a subject matter expert and a relationship manager.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- In liaison with the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, facilitate periodic monitoring of project activities and use findings to improve and enhance the life stage 2 program strategy.
- Develops and implements mechanisms, systems and processes for organizational learning, in coordination with other staff members, for ongoing enhancement of capacity.
- Supports the development of relevant capacity and individual capabilities of staff and local partners on education and child development for both development and emergency work.
Representation & Partnership
- Serves senior level representation functions for the organization as organizational representative to technical working groups, steering committees, and industry events.
- Develops partnership strategies to collaborate with Local Partners, government entities, as well as with other key humanitarian actors for resource complementation and collaborative activities in support of the lifestage 2 program strategy;
Reporting & Knowledge Management
- Ensures that lessons learned from program implementation and other relevant activities are identified, documented and appropriately disseminated for internal and external purposes, e.g. development of knowledge products.
- Ensure timely submission of and compliance to ChildFund reportorial requirements;
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 10-15 years of providing technical assistance in terms of formal and informal education and child development programs and in particular those related to the child friendly school framework.
- Understanding of reading strategy and the fundmental of finance literacy is required.
- Demonstrated experience/understanding in child protection and gender is required. Understanding DRR is a value added.
- Proven ability to set strategic direction and develop operational plans
- Demonstrated technical competencies in program design, implementation, and evaluation in the area of education and child development and or lifestage 2.
- Demonstrated experience working with children experiencing Deprivation, Excluded and Vulnerability (DEV) and their families.
- Proven ability in participatory training and capacity building program design, delivery and assessment.
- Demonstrated experience with proposal development, including the technical strategy design and narrative writing.
- Proven ability to provide high quality technical assistance, guidance and coaching to implementing staff and partners.
- Demonstrated representation and networking experience with multilateral agencies, foundations, and other institutions focused on education and child development programming for children age 6-15 years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with operational research and program evaluation methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Organized, detail-oriented, team player, self-starter and results-oriented individual.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Bilingual preferred (English with Indonesian), high-level English writing skills.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
- Significant Travel outside of Jakarta is required.
Master’s degree in field relevant to education and child development, such as education or social work preferred.
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link:
(and look for career opportunities/International Operations/Lifestage 2 Specialist)
Deadline for lodging applications: 30 September 2015
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.