Join CIFOR and make a difference!
Resource Development Grant Writer and Coordinator (Ref.1514)
Duty Post: Rome, Italy OR Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global research organization dedicated to advancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity.
We conduct research that enables more informed and equitable decision making about the use and management of tropical and sub-tropical forest landscapes. We help policy makers and practitioners shape effective policy, improve the management of tropical forests and address the needs and perspectives of people who depend on forests for their livelihoods. Our multidisciplinary approach considers the underlying drivers of deforestation and degradation which often lie outside the forestry sector: forces such as agriculture, infrastructure development, trade and investment policies and law enforcement.
CIFOR is looking for
Resource Development Grant Writer and Coordinator
The Resource Development Writer is responsible for the coordination and development of high quality, highly competitive concept notes and proposals that are compelling to CIFOR’s top existing and prospective funders. S/he is responsible for supporting the full editorial process on key grant writing projects and the management of CIFOR’s concept note and proposals tracking system. Under the direction of the Resource Development and Partnerships Manager, the Grant Writer and Coordinator will work closely with CIFOR programs and Hub Office teams globally to support major institutional efforts. The Grant Writer and Coordinator will use strong, specialized writing skills and knowledge of funder priorities and interests to support the writing and editing of major concept notes and proposals for CIFOR’s funders and prospects, including bi/multi-lateral funders and foundations. The job is a new position at CIFOR intended to strengthen the capacity of the Center’s Resource Development efforts, with the Writer spearheading efforts to improve proposal-writing capacity within CIFOR center-wide.
Summary of responsibilities
- Improved development and delivery of high quality and compelling concept notes and proposals to funders. Performance will be measured against the number of successful proposals developed and grants approved.
- Improved proposal-writing capacity within CIFOR center-wide, measured by the quality of drafts produced by science teams and an increase in overall number of concept notes and proposals in the pipeline.
- Provide writing and editing support for major fundraising concept notes and proposals (high-dollar and/or to high-potential prospects).
- Provide writing and editing support for institutional fundraising efforts, particularly for strategic proposals and institutional documents for top CIFOR funders.
- Work closely with Resource Development Unit to manage and monitor CIFOR’s grant application tracking system that ensures adequate fundraising and programmatic alignment for all CIFOR priorities
- Provide broad writing and editorial assistance to the Resource Development Unit and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and improve the ability of the Center’s Resource Development and Funding Toolkit to improve the design and development of new grant applications.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science, International Relations, Business and Administration, Environmental Sciences, Agricultural Development Studies or in a field related to CIFOR’s mission.
- At least 5-7 years' experience in fundraising, with an emphasis on writing and editing fundraising
- proposals and communications to funders.
- Complete English proficiency, other languages desirable – particularly French and Spanish.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Advanced writing and editing skills and excellent time management skills are essential for the success of this position.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work with interdisciplinary teams.
- An expert ability to translate complex and technical subject matter for a variety of funder.
- Ability to stay organized, maintains attention to detail, builds social capital, and execute assignments on time and with quality.
- A demonstrated understanding of environment and/or development issues is preferred.
Terms and Conditions
- This is Internationally-Recruited staff position. Competitive remuneration in US Dollar commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for a period of one year, inclusive six month probationary period, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position, and available resources.
- CIFOR offers flexibility in the duty station. The incumbent may be based in Bogor, Indonesia where CIFOR Headquarters are located, or in Rome, Italy where CIFOR is hosted in a partner organization’s office. The position will need to multitask and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable work environment. This position may also be required to work irregular and extended work hours to meet deadlines and work with staff in other time zones.
- The application deadline is 20 September 2015
- We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
To apply, please visit our career site at
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.