Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainable care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. With each step, we need more and more hands. Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world.
We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Jakarta.
Consultant for SLP Final Report Writer
The Sustainable Landscapes Partnership (SLP) is an innovative public-private partnership in Indonesia that brings governments, communities, businesses, and non-governmental organizations together to develop and test new approaches to land use planning and management. It is aimed at creating sustainable agricultural economic opportunities, while maintaining natural capital and avoiding deforestation and associated greenhouse gas emissions.
Currently, SLP is working at three target sites in Sumatera, namely Mandailing Natal (Madina), Tapanuli Selatan (TapSel), and Tapanuli Utara (TapUt) districts, and may expand to West Papua. SLP aims to establish a replicable model of public-private partnerships that foster low carbon development opportunities, thereby helping to address global climate change and contribute to economic growth. SLP is implemented by Conservation International and funded by the United States Agency for International Development and the Walton Family Foundation.
PURPOSE OF THIS CONSULTANCY
SLP requires short-term annual report writer to finalize a compilation of Quarterly Progress Report (QPR) of October 2014 – June 2015, and a draft of QPR for July – September 2015 to be submitted to USAID on October 30 2015. Some original text may need to be written. The writer must ensure that the report is written in a high quality narrative style. Several drafts may need to be prepared to ensure that all outstanding issues and questions are addressed and responded to.
- Compile and summarize SLP QPRs, and structure the report to become a comprehensive annual report,
- Structure the report and ensure it is consistent with SLP Style Guide.
- Ensure that the report is written in a high quality narrative style, identify areas in the text where more information is needed, work with the Communications Team and M&E Specialist to address all questions, and incorporate input from CI Headquarters and Field Team and integrate it into the narrative.
- Write and edit photo captions and edit all attachments.
- Synch up the Performance Monitoring Plan with the text in the narrative to ensure that it matches.
- Ensure consistent use of acronyms.
One written SLP Final report September 2015-2016 in MS Word.
- MA degree in journalism or communications;
- More than 15 years’ experience in strategic communications, journalism, development story writing, development photography, and/or program evaluation, including experience working with NGOs, government, donor-funded programs on communications;
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic communications expertise to international conservation efforts; compiling, writing and editing final evaluation reports for development programs; and taking photographs (and writing captions) in compliance with USAID requirements and in compliance with SLP’s Branding and Marking Guidelines;
- Fluency in English (required) and Indonesian (highly desired).
- The consultant will provide a fluent English/Indonesian translator, who can translate exact meaning, not paraphrases.
- The consultant will coordinate all activities with the SLP COP, Communications Team and M&E Specialist.
- Available during the period of service.
Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world.
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to: email@example.com
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format:
< Consultant – SLP Final Report Writer >
Closing date for the application is 28 September 2015
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.