Friends-International is a social enterprise that works with marginalized urban children and youth, their families and communities, to help them become independent and productive citizens of their country.
Friends Indonesia (Yayasan Teman Baik) is a program started by Friends-International and we are currently expanding our team in Jakarta.
Yayasan Teman Baik is seeking a qualified Indonesian candidate to fill the position of Social Worker, to work closely with the Teman Baik team in Jakarta.
Provide direct services to marginalized children, youth, their families and community embers on the streets and in communities of Jakarta.
The Social Worker will:
- Provide direct services to children/youth and their families during outreach sessions on the streets, in vulnerable communities and in other target areas: counseling, first-aid, games, sports, arts, life skills education, non-formal education, etc;
- Initiate and develop case managements of individual children and of families;
- Support children/youth and their families to access services from partners including education, health, vocational training, access to employment,etc;
- Support parents/caretakers to find options to generate income to care for their children;
- Report and act as a central point for receiving and reacting to incidences of child abuse;
- Develop and maintain referral networks to provide holistic services to beneficiaries;
- Assist in selection and development of education materials needed to work with children/youth and families;
- Support the team leader with information needed for reports.
Experiences and qualifications:
- Relevant university degree (ideally social work but could be psychology, education...)
- Would be a strong asset, but candidates with solid experience will be considered regardless;
- Minimum 1 year experience related to social work, preferably working with vulnerable children, youth or families: experience in Individual, Family or Community Case;
- Management, experience in emergency child protection and/or assessment;
- Experience working on income-generation projects such as micro-enterprise development, or experience running a small business would also be a plus;
- Excellent knowledge and skills in social work, psychology, child protection;
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia, good verbal communication in English.
Location: This position is based in Jakarta.
Duration: Full-time work, flexible working hours based on the needs of the target group.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experiences.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter with a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com with the caption subject: Social Worker.
Yayasan Teman Baik is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Yayasan Teman Baik’s Child Protection Policy.
Applications must be submitted before September 21, 2015 and will not be returned.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.