The Indonesia Urban Water Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH) project is a sixty-month program (2011 – 2016) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented under the leadership of DAI. IUWASH works with government, the private sector, NGOs, community groups and other stakeholders to improve access to safe water supply and sanitation in Indonesia’s urban areas. The overall goal of IUWASH is to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in making significant progress in achieving its safe water and sanitation Millennium Development Goal (MDG) targets by expanding access to these services.
To achieve the above, assistance provided by the project is divided under three main technical components, including:
- Mobilizing demand for WatSan service delivery;
- Improving and expanding capacity for WatSan service delivery; and
- Strengthening policy and the financial enabling environment for improved water supply and sanitation service delivery.
IUWASH will apply different approaches and interventions with its local partners, such as local Water utilities, local and national government institutions, NGOs and communities to address water, sanitation and hygiene. To achieve these objectives IUWASH need high caliber incumbent to fill the positions of
Name of Position : The USP (Urban Sanitation Promotion) Training Specialist
Job Code : USPT-JKT
Total Level of Effort : 45 days
Location : Jakarta
The objective of this assignment is the training of trainers (ToT) for IUWASH staff, partners and government officials at national level and in five IUWASH regions. This will comprise the preparation of a set of training modules and a standardized three-day training curriculum. The training curriculum will make references to the recently developed Urban Sanitation Promotion (USP) and will address the specific urban STBM needs and approaches.
SCOPE OF WORKS
The Consultant will closely work with national and regional IUWASH team members to provide training to key IUWASH partners at the national and regional levels in the area of urban sanitation promotion.. It is intended to develop the training of trainer module for three days and to facilitate the training at national and regional level.
Specific tasks of this assignment include:
- Preparation of a preliminary work plan, agreement on methodology and the role of supporting IUWASH staff.
- Convert the project’s Urban Sanitation Promotion (USP) Guide into a three-day Training-of-Trainers (TOT) program that will address all areas covered in the Guide. This will involve the development of powerpoint presentations and handouts based on Guide contents. The training is expected to include both classroom as well as practical training at the community level.
- Develop a companion pre- and post-test that will be administered at the beginning and end of each training. Facilitate six (6) trainings at national and regional level which is expected to closely involve IUWASH national and regional staff as facilitators and support staff, as well as staff from the MOH to the maximum extent practicable.
- Provide a final report summarizing training results and providing recommendations for future training programs.
The key deliverables comprise a comprehensive training module with standardized three days training curriculum, and the training of at least 100 master trainers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Assignment and Reporting
The Consultant will closely work with IUWASH PIC within the IUWASH Project Office in Jakarta. Required travelling within Jakarta and/or to other cities will be arranged by IUWASH. The Consultant will report to the National BCC Specialist (PIC) and National Sanitation Coordinator (PIC).
Required Qualifications and Experience
The Consultant should have an S-1 degree and minimum 8 years training experience (includes module development and facilitating training).
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_recruitment@dai.com before September 16, 2015. Please write the JOB CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.