KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Senior Technical Officer – Governance / Advocacy
Duty Station: Representative Office, Jakarta
The Senior Technical Officer – Governance / Advocacy will be responsible for developing an advocacy strategy for KNCV staff, local PPM teams and local patient groups in priority Provinces and Districts to ensure that TB is included in local planning and budgets and to ensure commitment of local government to establish local regulation including engagement and regulation of private sector.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop a coherent in country advocacy strategy to increase local government funding for TB in Challenge TB priority Provinces and Districts. Different strategies will be needed at each level National, Provincial, District etc. including human and financial resource needs to implement the strategy.
- Undertake advocacy training with KNCV staff, local PPM teams, local patient groups and other stakeholders.
- Established strategy to engage local governments for a TB working group – including Local Planning Bureau/Bappeda, District Health Office, Village/Community Empowerment Agency (Badan Pemberdayaan Masyarakat Desa), Local Government and local parliament Budgeting Team and other relevant government agencies or local authorities to develop and oversee the implementation of a roadmap and planning for TB control.
- Lead the development of the capacity of national and regional interest groups and elected councils to mobilize demand for improved services delivered by local governments, with a focus on TB Health care – whenever possible utilizing the Minimum Service Standard for TB program to demand accountability of local government in TB response.
- Advise and support advocacy activities at the different levels for policy change and implementation; to increase local funding; strengthening human resources; and inform short, medium and long term planning.
- Assess existing tools and mechanisms as well as explore new opportunities for TB advocacy at local level. This will primarily focus on demonstrating cost effective applications of these techniques in the pilot sites, documenting the applications so that they can be readily replicated, and expanding the network of experienced local governance and TB service providers.
- Provide capacity building to civil society groups and local councils (as required) to encourage forums for regular dialogue related to TB response at local level between civil society groups – including media, community groups and patients groups and local government as well as service providers.
- Work closely with Media and Communications Officer to establish relationships with media and other communications counterparts.
- Support the Media and Communications Officer to develop policy and lobbying positions where required and respond to information requests from journalists.
- Make effective use of data to advocate for change and to draw attention to TB.
- Regularly review and assess the effectiveness of advocacy strategies, adapt as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in Public health, Program Management, Health Policy, Communication or Management preferably has Master degree on related subject.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working with local government budgeting and planning.
- Substantial knowledge, skills and experience in advocacy on issues.
- High level of creativity, flexibility, ability to listen and support. To also be sensitive and responsive to any given context. Strong abilities in communication: listening and questioning skills, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Good understanding of appropriate messaging and community mobilisation and how to adapt this to the needs of local context.
- Knowledge of political, media and NGO coordination mechanisms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, in particular, patience, diplomacy, discretion and tact showing good judgement.
- Experience of dealing with resistance: skills in assertiveness, identifying and overcoming resistance, persuasion and negotiation.
- Proactive approach to service provision, as well as the ability to organize partnerships and maintain good relations within internal and external KNCV.
- Strong interest and experience in non-government development work.
- Excellent facilitation and management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication/presentation skills, in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team and independently.
- Motivated and willing to learn.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise, schedule and balance workloads in the face of conflicting and uneven demands to meet deadlines.
- Willing to travel and support internal/external events as needed.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to email@example.com by 7 October 2015 at the latest.
Please ensure to put the post you apply for and preferred duty station in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.