Are you interested in joining an international organisation with a long-term commitment to fighting poverty? Would you like to work in a challenging environment to develop a career focused on shared values and lasting impact?
SNV Indonesia is looking for a:
Senior Program Manager Agriculture
Based in Jakarta
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. Using market based approaches, SNV is committed to reducing poverty by catalysing environmentally sustainable solutions for the poor in agriculture, energy, water & sanitation, and climate change.
Background and Project Summary
SNV has worked in Indonesia since 2013 and currently operates in ten provinces. In alignment with our Corporate Strategy, SNV Indonesia works in three sectors namely Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WaSH). In Indonesia, climate change is an important cross cutting issue.
SNV is currently implementing a number of projects through PRISMA funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade covering cassava, coconuts and coconut sugar. We are now looking to upscale these projects and are seeking a Senior Program Manager that can oversee the portfolio of PRISMA projects and other agricultural projects.
Overview of the Position
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for overall management, technical direction, and administration to ensure project success. This includes the acquisition and supervision of the project’s financial and human resources. The Senior Program Manager ensures the quality and timeliness of all project deliverables and is responsible for ensuring effective coordination of project activities with relevant Indonesian ministries and agencies, Indonesian civil society and business organizations,
- Guide the project set-up nationally as appropriate, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates;
- Overall management of all human, physical and financial resources allocated to the project;
- Responsible for technical steering and lead some of the more complex capacity development services;
- Build, strengthen and manage strategic partnerships with regional and national government institutes, key partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Manage relations with the donor; network and represent the project at national / international level during fairs, seminars and other platforms in collaboration with the management team
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the project management team to ensure that all milestones set in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce setbacks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to the donor as per donor requirements; quality assurance of international and national experts’ project reports in accordance with donor requirements and SNV professional reporting standards;
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with the donor and country sector leader; and
- Identify new funding opportunities
- Master’s Degree or higher degree in a relevant discipline e.g. agriculture, agricultural economics, agribusiness, agronomy;
- At least ten years or more of progressively responsible work experience in implementing agricultural development/training projects
- High level project management skills including M&E, finance and staff management
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with governments and the private sector;
- Must be adept in strategic planning, budgeting, adaptive management, and supervision;
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to develop a holistic vision for a project containing so many disparate parts and then communicate this vision with the team for project implementation and success;
- Strong network of professional connections with relevant stakeholders in the agricultural sector in Indonesia preferred;
- Knowledge of the cassava, coconut and coffee sectors or other commodities that SNV is engaged with is preferred
- Visionary and able to strategically inspire and energise project teams;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and experience working in a matrix organisation;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills; and
- High level English and Bahasa skills
Contract Type: National
Contract Duration: November 2015 to October 2016 with the possibility of extension
Desired start date: November 2015
Duty station: Jakarta (negotiable) with frequent travel to project locations
How to apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation with “Senior Program Manager Agriculture” in the title to email@example.com before 09 October 2015.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.