Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Job Title: Senior Communication Officer
Job Code: SCO-JKT
Place of duty: Jakarta
Number of position: 1 person
Begin of Employment: October 2015 or as agreed
Contract Duration: Annual basis, which can be extended upon agreement
The roles of the Senior Communication Officer are provide assistance to Senior PR & Communication Manager within internal (management and staff) and toward external parties (Government of Indonesia, private sectors, media, beneficiaries and general public) in implementing, communicating, overseeing the program’s mandates, strategy, illustrating the policies, interests, impact and it’s achievement.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Engage, maintain and nourish internal communication within the Program staffs through various effective and efficient channels such as newsletter, team building events, director message, regional visit, etc. as well as across Swisscontact’s projects in Indonesia.
- Develop, plan and deliver to write compelling and credible success stories of SCPP beneficiaries in regular basis.
- Supervise and provide technical supports to PR & Communication officers in provincial level in developing compelling and credible success stories of SCPP beneficiaries and other Program supports, PR & Media materials.
- Maintain the company's corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
- Liaise with program partner organizations, local government offices, and other stakeholders on matters related to public relations and the marketing of the program, including where appropriate, cooperation on joint events and special events such as media visit, program expose, exhibition or press-conferences.
- Cultivate personal and professional relationships with key business journalists in national and international media to achieve highest visibility for in print, broadcast, TV and online media outlets.
- Identify media trends and news cycles related to the program and Cocoa sector.
- Draft effective press releases and prepare information for media kits.
- Draft speeches for organisation executives, and arrange interviews by press and other forms of contact for them.
- Manage and deliver in-house Media Relation and Communication Skill training for SCPP management & employee.
- Undertake media surveillance to measure Program’s visibility, tone of media coverage, trend of issues, stories;
- Perform other duties assigned by line manager and Program Director.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
- Reports directly to Senior PR and Communication Manager and maintain daily team Coordination.
- Coordinate with the Regional Program Officer, Program Officer, Field Facilitators, Research and Content unit to ensure accurate and up-to-date information is available for Program implementation purposes such as Success Story, Training Manual, public presentations, case studies, articles and other publication materials
Education, knowledge and skill requirements
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Public Relation, communication or journalism OR two to five years of related field.
- At least 2 years working in Marketing & Communication field or mainstream media, expertise in excellent writing (both Bahasa Indonesia and English). Writing samples required upon receipt of resume.
- Experience working in inter-cultural teams and environments;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs on time in a tight schedule;
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team;
- Advance capacity in writing and spoken in English;
- The ability to use Microsoft Office 2010 (including Microsoft Publisher) is required.
- Established relationships with press communities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively interact and collaborate with people/stakeholders
- Good in personal organization, planning and priority setting. Excellent at taking initiatives, focused and result oriented
- Strong attention to detail and to maintaining a high quality standard
- Demonstrated flexibility and capable of managing a variety of tasks with minimal supervision
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on October 3rd , 2015, with a JOB CODE on Top Left of the Envelope at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Or E-mail your application with the JOB CODE in the SUBJECT: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.