World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Administrative Assistant for Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement
Duration: 3 months (until 31 December 2015)
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Indonesia has historically been severely impacted by drought related to El Nino events. The socioeconomic impact of an extensive drought will require a targeted assessment built on primary data collection through household surveys and monitoring. Typical household surveys using face to face interviews require significant resources for implementation of field work and given the broad extent of the current drought in Indonesia, would easily require several weeks of planning and coordination. Given the need for timely information, surveys deployed remotely - via telephone interviews - will be used to assess the impact of drought in the most severely impacted districts.
WFP however does not have in-house capacity to execute household surveys via telephone interviews. Therefore a service provider will be contracted to implement these interviews. Contracting a service provider and coordinating this project with them requires significant efforts. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) team in the execution of these remote surveys.
Under the supervision of the Head of the VAM unit, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist the VAM unit to implement remote surveys with day-to-day administration;
- Under guidance of the Procurement Officer, conduct market research, retrieve and present information from a variety of internal and external sources;
- In close consultation with Procurement Officer apply prevailing rules, regulations, procedures and best practices for engaging service providers;
- Prepare evaluations of offers and compile data contained in quotations, to determine which vendor(s) can deliver the required services on the best terms and the most economical cost to WFP;
- Finalize purchase order, contracts, notes for the record, correspondence.
- Monitor execution of remote surveys by visiting the premises of the service provider. Report any issues to WFP immediately
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisor(s).
Education: Secondary school education
Experience: Minimum 3 years relevant work experience; strong preference for experience in the UN system. Experience in procurement and monitoring project activities is highly desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word;
- Good communication skills and ability to work on multiple activities simultaneously sometimes with short deadlines
Language: Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by E-mail to: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org
All applications should include an updated CV, a photograph and three references and should be received no later than 23-September-2015. Please put in the subject of your e-mail the position you applied for.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.