World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Data Analyst for Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement
Duration: 3 months
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
The World Food Programme in Indonesia provides technical support to Government of Indonesia on analysis and monitoring of the food security situation across the country. The current and forthcoming impacts of El Nino have raised serious concerns on the impacts of drought on food security and beyond. The socioeconomic impact of an extensive drought will require a targeted assessment built on primary data collection through household surveys and monitoring. Typical household surveys using face to face interviews require significant resources for implementation of field work and given the broad extent of the current drought in Indonesia, would easily require several weeks of planning and coordination. Given the need for timely information, surveys deployed remotely - via telephone interviews - will be used to assess the impact of drought in the most severely impacted districts.
Data from these remote surveys will come in rapidly and in high volume and a short window of time will be available for processing and analyzing the data. Managing this data and performing analysis quickly will require the expertise of an experienced Data Analyst. The Data Analyst will be responsible for data management, analysis and reporting on the results of the remote survey.
Under the supervision of the Head of the Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) Unit, the Data Analyst will:
- Assist in primary survey design including review of questionnaires and sample design
- Develop a data management system which is able to ingest periodic updates from the remote survey and facilitate statistical analysis
- Collect relevant secondary data sources for a comprehensive drought monitoring report
- Work with the Head of VAM to prepare an analysis plan for the report
- Assist in training/supervision of data collection and data entry
- If required, assist in development of data entry tool
- Clean and process data received from the remote survey, ensuring that all anomalies are managed in a timely manner
- Populate the data management system with all clean data
- Conduct statistical analysis of the incoming data including:
- Computation of key food security indictors (under supervision of the Head of VAM)
- Cross-tabulation of strata (geographic, socio-economic, etc) and outcome indicators
- Correlation analysis and regression analysis as appropriate
- Prepare summaries and presentations with preliminary findings in a concise and clear manner
- Supporting the report-writing process and conduct quality-check of draft outputs
- Conducting secondary data analysis and literature review focused on drought impact analysis
Education: Degree in statistics, social science, demography, geography, economics, or related field
Experience: At least five years of post-graduate, experience in survey design, implementation and analysis.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong preference for candidates with experience analyzing food security and nutrition data
- Ability to independently perform data analysis using statistical software packages (SPSS, STATA, R, etc.) specifically in the context of household, nutrition and community surveys for food security analysis
- Expertise in data management – preference for candidates with database design and SQL skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word;
- Ability to work on multiple activities simultaneously with short deadlines
Language: Excellent written and communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by E-mail to: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org
All applications should include an updated CV, a photograph and three references and should be received no later than 26-September-2015. Please put in the subject of your e-mail the position you applied for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.