The World Resources Institute (WRI) Indonesia is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator with excellent management, analytical, writing, as well as communication skills to manage the completion of project deliverables, coordinate research, and conduct outreach activities under sustainable land use stream which is concentrated under the flagship of Riau One Map initiative. This person reports directly to the WRI Indonesia Country Director, and works in close coordination with any Government counterparts – whether central or regional government, partners, community and various donors of WRI Indonesia.
One of the main responsibility is to coordinate the Peat Map Prize Competition – a global competition on peatlands mapping in Indonesia co-hosted by BIG (Geospatial Information Agency) with WRI Indonesia and Context Partners as Implementation Partners. The PMP Competition is set to seek the most accurate and cost and resources efficient method to map peatlands across Indonesia in two years period. The PMP Competition is nested within sustainable land use stream which is concentrated under the flagship of Riau One Map initiative, while simultaneously serves as the parallel national process for the preparation of Indonesian National Standard for peatland mapping which eventually will be adopted by the Government of Indonesia.
The Coordinator’s key objectives includes, among others:
- Timely execution and delivery of all project deliverables and objectives, managing technical staff and monitoring the project budget;
- Numbers of potential entrants and media reached prior and during the PMP Competition period;
- Ensuring the entrants have the necessities to progress through the PMP Competition process successfully;
- Strong capacity including financial support and credible measurement and monitoring of PMP Competition and relevant activities under the flagship of Riau One Map initiative.
This position requires an experienced Program Coordinator with a background or experience working on Indonesian land use, forestry, agriculture, peatlands, or related fields. He/she shall manage, implement and oversee the flagship initiative of Riau One Map (ROM) in which PMP Competition is nested in. Due to ROM’s wide coverage, he/she shall be able to multitask to complete various timely assignments under ROM’s logframe. The Coordinator will also play critical role in the outreach and recruitment process as well as the success of the whole PMP Competition. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, sharp analytical thinking, and be able to demonstrate their ability to effectively engage with national and international competition entrants, donors, partners, high level Indonesian government officials, civil society as well as local community.
- Ensure timely execution and delivery of all project deliverables and objectives, managing technical staff and monitoring the project budget;
- Conduct outreach and training activities to promote WRI’s data, analyses, and methods to relevant stakeholders in the public, private, as well as civil society sectors;
- Manage one or more staff based at project field sites to achieve project objectives and deliverables;
- Interpret and analyse media developments related to forest and landscape restoration and other natural resources issues;
- Lead and participate in meetings and conferences with key stakeholders;
- Work with the other Implementing Partner to establish a project-specific monitoring and evaluation system based on existing needs and capacity, further improve it over time to meet various donors and reporting requirements;
- Contribute to reporting requirements for the donors and/or co-host;
- Identify and engage with relevant civil society groups at the national and regional level;
- Support and promote the institutional development and program of WRI Indonesia as needed.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in forestry, agriculture, international development, political science, or other relevant fields – preferably an advanced degree;
- Professional experience of at least 5 - 7 years in marketing, community outreach, communications or natural resources-related fields;
- Experience managing projects in non-profit, governmental or private sector settings – in a politically complex context;
- Demonstrated political savvy and diplomatic skills;
- Proficiency with web-based technologies, such as WordPress and Basecamp;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word Office suite, especially a high comfort with Excel;
- Strong communication skills, as well as high level of organization and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement both traditional and new media tactics;
- Familiarity with or interest in Indonesian forestry, energy, or other natural resources-related issues;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation project or program;
- Experience and proven ability to communicate effectively with Indonesian government officials;
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products;
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written English and Indonesian;
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
Starting date: October 2015
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.