WRI Indonesia is seeking for a full time Communications Coordinator with excellent communications, research, and writing skills to support communications and media outreach for its newly established country office. This person reports directly to the Country Director and will work under coordination with the Communications Manager at WRI’s global office. The position would require a special focus on environment, economic and governance issues which are in line with WRI’s growing work in Indonesia. This person works in close coordination with any Government counterparts – whether central or regional government, partners, community and various donors of WRI Indonesia.
The Communications Coordinator will support WRI Indonesia’s office by developing and implementing communications strategies, and managing multiple communications channels (such as website, social media, blog, publications, media relations, and events) including the development and maintenance of WRI Indonesia’s website and Peatland Map Prize Competition website. The Communications Coordinator will proactively collaborate with the global team and donors on related work. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, sharp analytical thinking, and be able to demonstrate their ability to effectively engage with various national, sub-national and international stakeholders.
- Develop, support, and manage communications strategies for reports, events, conferences, and news opportunities;
- Create clear, concise messaging to advance impact;
- Develop strategy for web presence, including blog, social media, & website content;
- Develop ideas for interactive media pieces including infographics, slideshows, charts, and videos, and support their design and promotion;
- Develop and maintain key media contacts;
- Plan events for publication launches, roundtable discussions, meetings, and other announcements.
- Implement developed outreach strategies;
- Coordinate media outreach to traditional & new media. Assist with proactive outreach such as pitching, research, handling incoming requests, and monitoring daily news coverage;
- Develop and maintain website content;
- Coordinate outreach to partners and stakeholders via email communications, events, and other opportunities;
- Develop ideas, write, and edit a variety of internal and external materials, such as blog posts, media materials, newsletters, op-eds, website content, and more;
- Build and maintain a social media presence, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn;
- Manage contact database;
- Develop branded marketing materials, such as brochures and PowerPoints.
- Support staff to build their skills, maximize their reach, and backfill duties when necessary;
- Support the development of compelling fundraising materials, including proposals and presentations;
- Monitor and support the publications process, including outreach planning, production, and distribution;
- Provide general administrative support, such as scheduling, event logistics, and other responsibilities as needed;
- Support and promote the institutional development and program of WRI Indonesia as needed.
- Ideal candidate will have bachelors or masters degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or other relevant fields;
- Professional experience of min. 3-5 years in communications;
- International experience or prior work in a global organization preferred;
- Experience in working with a content management system (CMS) preferred;
- Experience in working with reporters or members of the media (and established media contacts) preferred;
- Interest and experience in forestry, energy, or other natural resources-related issues in Indonesia preferred;
- Experience and proven ability to communicate effectively with Indonesian government officials;
- Articulate, versatile, highly skilled writer with professional writing experience (professional clips or writing samples preferred);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team;
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners;
- Understanding of social media and how to use it to impact audiences;
- Ability to think creatively and collaboratively about all elements of communications work;
- Visual skills, such as photography, graphic design, and Adobe Photoshop are desirable;
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products;
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English, with a strong emphasis on written and spoken communications (additional language skills are welcome);
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
Final candidates will be required to take a writing test.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
Starting Date: October 2015
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.