TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER (CONSULTANCY)
The ASEAN Foundation (AF) was established in December 1997 by ASEAN Foreign Ministers in fulfilment of the decision of the ASEAN Leaders. It is a non-profit ASEAN body under the ASEAN Charter and is mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among the peoples of ASEAN, as well as their wider participation in ASEAN activities.
The current communication activities in AF are handled by different staff members, each with their own assigned tasks. Recently, AF revised its communication strategy and develop its communication objectives. The revision was undertaken to strengthen institutional sustainability by raising public awareness of its work. It was recognised that having a senior communication officer can provide better support to enhancing the marketing and communication activities of the organisation.
AF is looking for a dynamic and senior member to its programme team. The person will be responsible for successfully raising the profile, building audiences and effectively communicating the AF’s mission, message and work to meet strategic and operational objectives.
TASKS OF THE SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER
- Ensure the successful implementation of AF’s communication strategy
- Contribute to the AF’s outreach and funding raising efforts
- Build AF’s brand and position
- Support the Executive Director in identifying and developing effective messages, framing and means for delivering them to reach communication objectives
- Ensure that communications activities promote an accurate image of the organization and its programmes amongst media and other targeted audience
- Prepare materials, guides (e.g. tone of voice guidelines) and other resources (e.g. boiler plate and case statements)
- Oversee the corporate branding, design principles and guidelines for all AF’s materials and products, ensuring their consistent application
- Prepare and edit news releases, briefing notes, backgrounders, features, media talking points, question and answer documents
- Produce media briefs, kits and timely press releases and build internal capacity to work with media effectively
- Manage and strengthen AF’s Alumna Scholars and model ASEAN Meeting portals
- Oversee the production of AF’s Annual Report 2015
- Provide creative development and crafting presentations for a variety of companies
- Develop communications and marketing plans and/or messages
- Write proposals, plans, pitches, marketing pieces, internal communications pieces and press releases relating to AF’s corporate partnerships
- Develop and manage an effective system for identifying events and increasing AF’s participation in such events
- Oversee day-to-day media relations and marketing plans from inception to execution, hitting all deliverables on time;
Website and social media content
- Support the social media intern to generate social media content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across AF’s website, Twitter feeds and Facebook pages
- Represent AF’s externally as required
- Responsible for regular reporting related to the Executive Director
- Support the Board of Trustees’ meeting by overseeing the production of Board papers
- Effective messages developed for AF’s communication needs
- Guidelines for tone of voice
- Boiler plate for AF
- Case statements for AF thematic areas
- Communication and media materials developed, edited and ready for publication (e.g. proposals, e-news, news release, press releases, etc)
- Inputs to strengthen the Alumnae and model ASEAN meeting portals
- Timely delivery of AF Annual Report 2015
- Updated social media post
The position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia for a contract period of 6 months.
A lump sum quotation is required including fees and other relevant expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or other relate fields, with knowledge of communication and marketing principles (a post graduate degree is desirable)
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in communications and marketing or public relations
- More than two years of experience in designing, editing and producing publications, especially reports and briefs
- Experience in brand management
- Highly skilled in conceptualizing, writing and selling to internal and external audiences
- Advanced English-language writing, editing and spoken English
- Excellent oral communication skills, including presentation (Powerpoint or Prezi) with strong attention to detail
- Website content editing and proofing
- Social Media
- Knowledge of MS Office applicationsAPPLICATION PROCESSInterested Indonesians or ASEAN nationals based in Indonesia are to send application, stating the consultancy assignment - Senior Communication Officer with the following documents to email@example.com – a) application letter, b) curriculum vitae c) samples of work and d) financial proposal containing work plan specifying a total lump sum amount (we only process the proposal that offers price and work plan)DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONMonday, 26 October 2015
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.