ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Position: Child Protection Specialist (Position Code: CP-Specialist)
Reporting to: Program Director
Based in: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: One-year contract with renewal subject to performance, however this is a potential longer term position.
The Child Protection Specialist (CPS) position is responsible for mainstreaming Child Protection principles and values into ChildFund Indonesia’s program portfolio. The CPS is also responsible for leading the implementation of our Child Protection in Emergency (CPiE) activities and leads the development (and execution) of our Child Protection advocacy strategy.
The CPS will be expected to lead proposal development efforts to expand our portfolio of projects, network extensively with a diverse range of agencies and represent the National Office/organization at national/international forums.
The CPS works collaboratively with the technical team and field-based colleagues to support the development of our Local Partners program designs as well as monitoring project/program interventions on regular basis.
Leadership and Management
- Provides technical assistance and technical leadership on all issues and projects related to Child Protection and Child Protection in an Emergency (CPiE). This includes the development of innovations, development of program designs and analysis of underlying causes of poverty in line with the organizational theories of change and pathways.
- Serves senior level representation functions for the organization as organizational representative to technical working groups, steering committees, and industry events.
- Develops position statements, methodologies, and frameworks related to ChildFund’s Theories of Change and Child Protection program strategy.
- Supports and integrates key Child Protection concepts and learnings into the development of Local Partners Area Strategic Plans (ASP), program/project, concept papers, proposals, and other organizational initiatives and processes.
- Leads the development of technical proposals and concept notes related to Child Protection.
- Cultivates relationships with major gift donors and foundations on behalf of the organization, both as a subject matter expert and a relationship manager.
- Provides technical assistance to program and field-based staff in understanding and internalizing child protection within the Theory of Change (TOC) developmental pathways and program strategy for all Life Stages.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- In liaison with the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, facilitate periodic monitoring of project activities and use findings to improve and enhance the Child Protection program strategy.
- Supports the development of relevant capacity and individual capabilities of staff and local partners on child protection for both development and emergency work.
Representation & Partnership
- Develops partnership strategies to collaborate with Local Partners, government entities, as well as with other key humanitarian actors for resource complementation and collaborative activities in support of the child protection program strategy;
Reporting & Knowledge Management
- Ensures that lessons learned from program implementation and other relevant activities are identified, documented and appropriately disseminated for internal and external purposes, e.g. development of knowledge products.
- Ensure timely submission of and compliance to ChildFund reportorial requirements;
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in Child Protection programming with a minimum of 3 years field experience required.
- Demonstrated technical competencies in Child Protection program design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated technical competencies in Child Protection in emergency.
- Demonstrated experience working with children experiencing Deprivation, Exclusion and Vulnerability (DEV) and their families.
- Proven ability in participatory training and capacity building program design, delivery and assessment.
- Demonstrated experience with Child Protection proposal development, including the technical strategy design and narrative writing.
- Proven ability to provide high quality technical assistance, guidance and coaching to implementing staff and partners.
- Proven experience with donor agencies and grant making processes.
- Demonstrated representation and networking experience with multilateral agencies, foundations, and other institutions focused on Child Protection programming for children and young adolescents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with operational research and program evaluation methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Organized, detail-oriented, team player, self-starter and results-oriented individual.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Bilingual preferred (English with Indonesian).
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
- Significant Travel outside of Jakarta is required.
Master’s degree in field relevant to Child Protection, such as psychology or social work preferred.
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link: CLICK HERE (and look for career opportunities/International Operations/Child Protection Specialist - Jakarta-Indonesia)
Deadline for lodging applications: 31 October 2015
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.