On behalf of the German government, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH assists its Indonesian partners in a technical cooperation programme Policy Advice for Environment and Climate Change (PAKLIM) to achieve Indonesia’s GHG emission reductions objectives. For the regional project on “Advancing and Measuring Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) for a Low-Carbon Economy in Middle-Income and Newly Industrialized Countries (Advance SCP)” we are currently looking for an:
National Project Advisor
In four Southeast Asian countries the project targets the integration of climate-relevant criteria into the existing eco-labels and their regional harmonization. Furthermore strategies will be identified and implemented to make the application of these eco-labels more attractive and more widely used.
The project is based in Thailand but has also representatives in Indonesia, Philippines and Malaysia. We are currently looking for the representative in Indonesia. This position will be shared by PAKLIM Work Area 3 (30%) and SCP Regional Project (70%). The project will support the creation of a market for climate-friendly products which will lead to less pollution of the environment. Also it serves the regional integration and cooperation in the context of the ASEAN economic community (AEC). Regional and global trade and investments are promoted through the harmonization of eco-labels. Through the mediation of knowledge, access to training and further education, countries are enabled to generate new jobs and eco-friendly products to increase their competitiveness. The harmonization of eco-labels lowers the transaction costs for producers of internationally traded goods and promotes regional and global trade. Public authorities gain lower life-cycle-costs of purchased services and products.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the implementation of projects activities according to project goals, team agreements and/or consultations with the supervisor on national level;
- Support of the project’s/program’s initiative to provide professional advice and inputs to, and to cooperate with, a broad range of stakeholders and target groups;
- Assisting the implementation of climate change education measures in regard to sustainable consumption and production within the framework of the green school movement;
- Day-to-day operational management of the projects support: guides project implementation, ensures timely provision of deliverable, controls quality, facilitates and coordinates the inputs of short-term experts;
- Innovation and knowledge management as well as transmission of innovation to a wide range of persons, and;
- Integration of results and experiences into team efforts and into all relevant groups.
Professional Advising and Consulting on national level
- Participates in identifying needs for external support and advice, elaborates on technical and policy recommendations and develops a strategic approach;
- Assist the project/program plans and activities in close coordination with counter partners;
- Contributes to preparation and implementation of the consultation process, the project’s/program’s activities, and efforts in the regions;
- Assists in defining terms of reference, selection, and supervision of contracted third parties in carrying out projects/program’s activities, including performance evaluation;
- Prepares, organizes and drafting minutes of meeting for project management meetings, such as meetings of Steering Committee and Project Implementation Unit;
- Conceptualizes, prepares and implements workshops, seminars, and other events on subjects that are related to the program’s/project’s field of activities;
- Support quality assurance and proposes necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives;
- Supports the development, formulation, implementation, monitoring and assessment of modules or educational concept related to SCP;
- Facilitate the process of investigation, assessment, study and analysis in the area of climate change education that is needed by the project, the local and national government, and non-governmental institutions;
- Monitors projects progresses, reviews reports and documents concerning the progress of collaborative programs, determines bottlenecks and recommends alternative courses of management action to the Project Manager / Project Director.
Networking and Cooperation
- Co-operates with and ensures regular contacts, dialogues: does PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organizations, non-governmental bodies and persons within the program’s/project’s environment as well as with other projects in order to enhance and maintain good working relationships;
- Communicates and channels local interests and aspirations and exchanges ideas and information for the benefit of the program;
- Maintains repeated field visits to the regions in accordance with the requirements of the projects.
- Compiles information about projects activities and ensures knowledge transfer;
- Giving inputs on strategies and technical concepts including guidelines, manuals, and procedures, which are ready to be applied;
- Prepares reports and presentation materials;
- Contributes in giving appropriate inputs to the various projects/program reports/publications including progress reports and the final project report; contributes to other reports required by the Project Director, the Team leader CCE and the GIZ Head Office;
- Supports research and study activities on policy topics that will benefit collaborative programs.
Management and Coordination Tasks
- Supports general projects planning/ project designs, including preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises, implementation, management, monitoring, communication and documentation;
- Support project activities at the local level in cooperation with the partners, as well as in organizational preparation and in the implementation of these activities;
- Giving inputs on the budget plan for key events and related financial documentation in cooperation with the Accountant / Office Manager;
- Assist in monitoring the operational budget against funds availability for the different program components in cooperation with the Accountant / Office Manager;
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At-least Bachelor degree in a course related to the project/program’s goals, specialisation in a field related to the environmental engineering/management, environmental policy development;
- At least 5 years professional work experience in similar position
- Have experience in working with national government institution, environmental management issue, environmental policy development;
- Current understanding of sustainable development, sustainable consumption and production concepts, product labeling and green procurement;
- Strong communication and advocacy skills, and experience of working in international and inter-sectoral contexts;
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems;
- Ability to travel and work independently in an international multi-cultural environment;
- Advanced English skills and MS Office.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Direct Supervisor: Project Director and Team Leader
Interested candidates should submit the application letter, CV with latest photograph and list of references, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: PAKLIM – National Project Advisor (NPA). The closing date to submit the application letter is on 20 October 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interviews
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.