The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. In order to support Indonesia's effort to conserve energy and to reduce GHG emissions a "Green Chillers" project was launched. The project, which is funded by the Germany Ministry of the Environment under the International Climate Initiative, is jointly implemented by the Indonesian Directorate General for Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (NREEC), Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources and GIZ.
The main objective of the project is to support Indonesia in creating framework conditions which support the introduction of natural refrigerants as well as energy efficiency improvements in the refrigeration and air-conditioning (RAC) sector in industry and commerce.
The Green Chillers project is a part of the Energy Programme Indonesia/ASEAN and is located in the NREEC Building at Jalan Cikini Raya, Jakarta and project office at Jalan HOS Cokroaminoto, Jakarta.
We seek a qualified Indonesian candidate for:
Technical Advisor (Project Development)
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the preparation and implementation of Green Chillers pilot project activities in coordination with Senior Advisors and the project partners.
- Managing the day-to-day requirement of a successful project management for several pilot projects
- Developing and maintaining the network with relevant manufacturers and end-users in the field of refrigeration and cold supply in industry and commerce.
- Supporting awareness-raising activities targeting the private and public stakeholders on the benefits of Green Chillers and actively seek opportunities for their implementation
Project Management of Pilot Projects
- Advising public as well as private partners on natural refrigerants and energy efficiency of RAC in coordination with the Senior Advisor;
- Identifying pilot projects in the private and public sector;
- Managing the day-to-day business of pilot projects;
- Preparing ToRs for feasibility studies, technical designs, and other documents as needed;
- Supporting partner institutions in the procurement related to the installation of RAC systems.
Coordination and networking
- Establishes cooperation with relevant government ministries, departments, chambers and associations as well as private companies related to the refrigeration and air-conditioning sector;
- Develop and maintain close contacts to relevant stakeholders on cross-cutting tasks amongst all projects of the GIZ Energy Programme Indonesia
- Communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project
- Prepare reports and publications
- Prepare presentation materials such as brochures and power-point presentations
- Stay abreast of developments in global and Indonesian approaches for energy efficient cooling applications
Other duties / additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering ideally with a good understanding of chiller/AC technologies or at least in energy efficiency related fields and a strong background in project management or
- Master’s degree in Economics or MBA ideally with a strong technical background of chiller/AC technologies or energy efficiency related fields and a strong background in project management.
- Familiar with the major issues of chiller/ AC technology or energy efficiency in Indonesia, which is based on at least three years’ work experience in the sector.
- Candidates holding a completed Bachelors’ degree with four additional years of relevant work experience may be considered.
- Prior experience in project management and acquisition of pilot projects in the public and private sector would be a strong asset.
- Hands-on experiences in the chiller / AC or energy efficiency would be an advantage.
- Good networking within the chiller / AC sector in Indonesia e.g. manufactures, private industry, business associations like ASHRAE, relevant ministries.
- Working experience in an international development organisation is preferable.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good team player
- Very good communication skills with national stakeholders
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of the English language
- Willingness to travel on official business.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor
Interested candidates should submit the application letter, CV with latest photograph and list of references (max. 300 kb), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: GC – Technical Advisor (TA) The closing date to submit the application letter is on 21 October 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interviews
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.