The Programme “Transforming Administration-Strengthening Innovation” (TRANSFORMASI) is implemented jointly between the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, the Indonesian Ministry for Bureaucracy Reform (KemPAN-BR), the Ministry of Finance, Bappenas, the Ministry of Home Affairs, the National Institute for Public Administration and the National Civil Service Agency. It supports the establishment of a cleaner and more efficient, accountable and service-oriented public administration. The Programme focuses on the following topics: 1) Strengthening the overall Bureaucracy Reform (BR) architecture; 2) Human Resource Management in the Public Service 3) Fiscal impacts and financing of reforms 4) Ensuring Citizen-Orientation of BR reform and 5) Subnational innovation hubs on public service delivery. Areas 1, 4 and 5 work in East Java.
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Provincial Advisor – East Java
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing relations with East Java Province regarding all TRANSFORMASI activities in East Java, mainly the “Jaringan Inovasi Pelayanan Publik Java Timur” (JIPPJATIM)
- Managing relations with local governments and other JIPPJATIM advisory team partners
- Coordinating JIPPJATIM activities in close cooperation with the Strategic Area Manager subnational innovation hubs
- Fostering knowledge exchange on citizen-orientation of bureaucracy reform between Banyuwangi and neighboring regencies, as well as at provincial level
- Fostering regional exchange (between local governments and province) on planning and monitoring Bureaucracy Reform
- Guiding project implementation, ensuring timely provision of deliverables, controlling quality, facilitating and coordinating the inputs of short-term experts.
1. Networking and cooperation
- Co-operates with and ensures regular contacts, dialogues: does PR work and cooperates with provincial and local governments, relevant organizations, non-governmental bodies and persons within the program’s/project’s environment as well as with other projects in order to enhance and maintain good working relationships;
- Communicates and channels local interests and aspirations and exchanges ideas and information for the benefit of the program;
- Maintains repeated field visits to regencies in accordance with the requirements of the project
- Assures a close cooperation between the work on citizen orientation of BR in Banyuwangi and work of JIPPJATIM at provincial level
- Assist the project/program plans and activities in close coordination with partners in line with the Technical Agreement signed between TRANSFORMASI and the Provincial Government;
- Contributes to preparation and implementation of the consultation process, the project’s/program’s activities, and efforts in East Java in close coordination with the Strategic Area Manager.
- Assists in defining terms of reference, selection, and supervision of contracted third parties in carrying out projects/program’s activities, including performance evaluation;
- Prepares, organizes and drafting minutes of meeting for project management meetings, such as meetings of the Advisory Team of JIPPJATIM
- Conceptualizes, prepares and implements workshops, seminars, and other events on subjects that are related to the program’s/project’s field of activities;
- Supports quality assurance and proposes necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives
- Monitors and documents progress, analyses challenges and makes recommendations for adjustments to the Strategic Area Managers
- Supports general projects planning/ project designs, including preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises, implementation, management, monitoring, communication and documentation;
- Supports project activities at the provincial and local level in cooperation with the partners, as well as in organizational preparation and in the implementation of these activities;
- Giving inputs on the budget plan for key events and related financial documentation
- Collects data, develops reports and presentation documents on the work in East Java
- Provides inputs on strategies and technical concepts including guidelines, manuals, and procedures, which are ready to be applied;
- Prepares appropriate input to the various programme meetings and reports/publications including reports to the province of East Java
- Contributes in giving appropriate inputs to the various projects/program reports/publications including monitoring, progress reports and the final project report
- Encourages the development of new knowledge sharing instruments in the context of the sub national innovation hub also including modern media solutions.
- Archives the most important documents in line with GIZ standards in the GIZ Document Management System,
- Does occasional translations of documents into Indonesian for JIPPJATIM
- Applies the GIZ code of conduct in daily work and project activities and consistently promotes the application of these values of ethics to programme counterparts,
- Commits to the goals and principles of TRANSFORMASI and complies with the guidelines of GIZ.
- Applies the Capacity Works Management Model and the theory of change for the Subnational Innovation Hub.
- Ensures that all measures are carried out in a way to promote gender equality,
- Ensures that all measures are planned and implemented in an economically efficient way,
- Keeps in mind and applies environmentally sound practices.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master in Public Administration, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Economics or Business Administration or another related field;
- At least 8 years of professional experience, with at least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position;
- Experience in working with local government institutions in East Java;
- Strong understanding of governance and public service structures in East Java;
- Strong communication and advocacy skills, and experience of working in international and inter-sectoral contexts;
- Good working knowledge of modern communication systems and basic principles of knowledge management;
- Ability to travel and work independently;
- Advanced in MS Office skills;
- Proficient in English both oral & written; and German will be an advantage.
Duty Station: Surabaya
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader KemPAN TRANSFORMASI
Interested candidates should submit the application letter, CV with latest photograph and list of references (max. 300 kb), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: TRANSFORMASI: Provincial Advisor – East Java. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 4 November 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interviews
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.