Hivos is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos provides financial support for local NGO's, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise.
For its Southeast Asia Regional Office in Jakarta, Hivos seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Country Coordinator AgriProFocus
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Report to: AgriProFocus Program Director in the Netherlands in coordination with the Coordinator/Program Development Manager Green Food
With AgriProFocus Country Networksin place in 11 African countries and in Indonesia. Indonesia is the first Asian country where the AgriProFocus partnership developed an AgriProFocus Country Network.
The unique selling point of AgriProFocus Indonesia is:
- A focus on promoting farmer entrepreneurship for increased food security
- Addressing issues such as farming as a business, access to markets, access to support systems and financial services and investments
- With the aim to stimulate:
- Innovation in services,
- Improved deals between SME agri-business and organized producers
- An enabling policy environment;
AgriProFocus Indonesia will support this through coordination and networking, brokering, joint action and learning and by providing a neutral place for debate and policy dialogue.
AgriProFocus Indonesia launched its activities in October 2013 and is relatively young. Significant activities have been developed around Youth & Farming, starting up around Access to Finance, coffee and coconut sugar and in an exploratory phase regarding the dairy sector and the landscape approach. The network has seen significant growth over the past year. We aim to develop a wider variety of activities and aim for significant growth in the coming year(s).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for AgriProFocus Indonesia, and facilitate development of an AgriProFocus Indonesia strategy with its members and contributes to network development and growth.
- Work closely with the AgriProFocus network facilitator from the Netherlands support office
- Establish strong working relationships with national government, businesses, bilateral and multilateral actors, NGOs and academics in field of farmer entrepreneurship. Of special interest will be the building of relationships with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (EKN).
- Responsible for implementation, planning and monitoring, including financial administration of AgriProFocus Indonesia resources in coordination with Hivos as the Host Organization according to AgriProFocus guidelines. The Coordinator will also act as the Liaison person between Hivos and AgriProFocus.
- Facilitate the development of an effective knowledge sharing and cooperation culture among members with the overall aim of supporting the promotion of farmer entrepreneurship. Thus the coordinator facilitates leadership building among members to lead innovation communities.
- Will be secretary for a local steering committee and will be responsible for coordinating meetings, ensuring the successful recording of the meeting minutes and maintaining the records for all the deliberations.
- Represent the AgriProFocus Indonesiain AgriProFocus meetings and other (regional and national) relevant forums and meetings;
- Facilitate cross country learning (supportive role);
- Prepare and finalize the content for country-level periodic narrative and financial reports to relevant actors and financiers.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Master degree or relevant experience in a field relevant to AgriProFocus mission.
- At least 5 years of work experience is required.
- A collegial management style with active listening skills that emphasizes both Academic training and/or practical experience in economics, agriculture and rural development and/or business development is desired.
- Deep personal commitment to social and economic development that recognizes female- and smallholder farmers as critical actors and beneficiaries.
- Thorough understanding of the principal issues facing rural and low-income communities in the region gained through experience in civil society, government, or private sector organizations.
- Strong local network and excellent networking skills.
- Ready to take initiative, lead, and has entrepreneurial spirit.
- Fluent both in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Excellent writing skill (in English and Bahasa Indonesia).
- A strong communicator on and off-line
- Able to function well under stress (around the organization of events and meetings)
- Be practical and hands-on
- Be able to enthuse and connect people and different stakeholders. As well as create understanding between people and stakeholders.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 November 2015.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Country Coordinator AgriProFocus’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.