Hivos is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos provides financial support for local NGO's, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Southeast Asia Regional Office in Jakarta, Hivos seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Project Manager GADING
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Report to: Coordinator/Program Development Manager Green Energy
Under its Green Prosperity Project, Millennium Challenge Account Indonesia (MCA-I) has granted funds for a project initiated by Hivos together with its consortium partners, i.e. Yayasan Rumah Energi (YRE) and Wageningen University and Research Center (WUR), which is titled Gathering and Dissemination of Information and Green Knowledge for a Sustainable Integrated Farming Workforce in Indonesia (GADING).
GADING addresses workforce development by building research-based capacity regarding sustainable growth by introducing a mixed farming approach making optimal use of local resources, wisdom and economic and sociocultural setting. Embedded in the existing Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme (better known as BIRU programme), GADING aims to develop the agricultural workforce among and around biogas users, but also aims at the dissemination of skills and knowledge on the same subject among practitioners, agricultural teachers and government agencies, providing an economic development framework by building the knowledge on existing local economic activities. This way the project directly and indirectly contributes to economic prosperity and poverty reduction by introducing Lemna as a potential profitable crop, by using Lemna into the fodder cycle leading to faster growing and/or healthier animals, developing skills in the field of organic farming and pushing the role of farmers in the bio-slurry value chain supported by microfinance, while it helps to mitigate climate change through optimizing waste streams for renewable energy and mixed farming.
In general, the Project Manager will be responsible for professional implementation of the project which includes, but is not limited to, mobilising and securing resources; acting as a dynamic and inspiring team leader; managing project staff; directing the delivery of project results including donor reports. The Project Manager will be based in Jakarta with travel to the four provinces and incidentally other locations in accordance with project needs and donor requirements.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for project implementation in line with Hivos output commitments to donors, ensuring that project outputs and activities are systematically addressed in a timely and professional manner, including responsibility for planning, implementation and reporting for the GADING project and the embedded PROFARM project, ensuring donor satisfaction for both the GADING and the PROFARM donor;
- Lead a mixed team of Hivos staff, YRE staff, WUR experts, consultants in reaching the project outputs.
- Ensure to put bioslurry management and business development becomes an important aspect of mixed farming in Indonesia and ensure that relevant GOI agencies put bioslurry business and duckweed cultivation high on the agenda;
- Work closely with the BIRU (Biogas Rumah) team to optimize the use of bioslurry by biogas owners;
- Work closely with the Consortium members YRE and WUR and with the four local education partners and other stakeholders in reaching the project outputs;
- Represent the GADING project in a proper manner to the donors (MCAI) and to all relevant stakeholders at the regional level;
- Represent and implement the PROFARM project which is embedded within the GADING project;
- Undertake efforts to sustain a creative and inclusive learning environment;
- Play a leading role in the coordination of the Knowledge Management activities of GADING (gathering, codification, translation, enabling environment, curriculum development, sharing and assessing), in close collaboration with the Consortium members and technical partners;
- Show leadership to the project staff in the key activities, including community level engagement and applied research activities and ensures that the project develops and maintains a knowledge database;
- Undertake the management of knowledge gathering and dissemination during project execution.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- At least bachelor’s degree of any major from a reputable university;
- At least 5 years of experience in development work;
- Experience working as project manager;
- Experience in Knowledge Management;
- Work experience in an international environment is preferred;
- Good command of English language;
- Able to cooperate and communicate well with peers and stakeholders.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 18 October 2015.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Project Manager GADING’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.