Location : Jakarta Office
Jhpiego Indonesia program is currently working on three large research projects. The immediate postpartum implant (IPPI) study, the EMAS Observational Study and SMS Bunda.
The IPPI study, with oversight from Jhpiego Baltimore, is researching the acceptability and feasibility of postpartum implants and IUDs as an immediate PPFP option in Indonesia. Project activities will be carried out to support the study: strengthening of the quality PPFP counseling and services, and expansion of method choice during antenatal and early labor, as well as pre-discharge periods. The primary research questions are:
- Is there demand for PPFP, and does access to IPPI increase that demand? Specifically, when counseled on appropriate methods, what proportion of pregnant/postpartum women choose a FP method during antenatal care (ANC) or early labor, and, of those, what proportion choose IPPI and have contraceptive implants inserted in the immediate postpartum period (prior to discharge)? [Acceptability]Are health care facilities able to provide, to standard, high-quality IPPI services as an immediate PPFP option? Specifically, what proportion of postpartum women opting for a PPFP method are provided with that method and, of those, what proportion receive implants, according to standard, prior to discharge from the health facility? [Feasibility]EMAS Observational study evaluate the quality of maternal health services during childbirth in EMAS and non-EMAS facilities (control sites)SMS Bunda: evaluate the effectiveness of the SMS Bunda program (mobile messaging services) in changing the knowledge of danger signs during the antenatal, postnatal and newborn periods among women who are pregnant or who have recently delivered. The secondary aim is to understand if care-seeking practices for antenatal, postnatal and newborn complications have changed among women who have enrolled in the program compared to those who are not enrolled.
- Develop and implement the program monitoring plan
- Working with DCO and research team from University of Indonesia, coordinate data collection
- Coordinate training of data collectors in coordination with University of Indonesia and Jhpiego Baltimore
- Provide direct oversight in monitoring the study
- Research Manager will report to Monitoring and Evaluation Director while working in close collaboration with the Jhpiego Techincal Director
- Coordinate with My Choice Program Manager for contract and finance matters
- Liaise closely with the Sr. MER advisor at home office to ensure the integrity of the study
- Coordinate with the University of Indonesia Department of OB/GYN and his research assistant and Jhpiego team to organize weekly updates
SMS Bunda and EMAS Evaluation:
- Provide support to the Jhpiego/Indonesia Director of Research & Evaluation with managing implementation of the SMSBunda and EMAS evaluations.
- Serve as a Liaison between Jhpiego evaluation staff and companies/individuals contracted to conduct evaluation activities.
- Provide oversight for the timely submission of implementing partner deliverables, including progress reports, data collection instruments, etc.
- Coordinate and plan for routine weekly meetings between Jhpiego and implementing partners Conduct field visits as needed to ensure that evaluation activities are consistent with field guide and protocol specifications Provide administrative support for the evaluation by taking meeting notes and coordinating & reporting on follow-up activities
- Bachelor’s degree in science or health
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in related field and or research management
- Ability to ensure adherence ethical principles regarding research
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Bahasa
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Strong ability to work and communicate within a team
- Ability to work independently and to exercise independent judgment
Please e-mail cover letter, CV, and indicate the position of interest in the subject of your email.
Email address : IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org
Vacancy will be closed two weeks of this advertisement
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.