KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.
We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Technical Officer – Operation Research
Duty Station: Representative Office, Jakarta
The Technical Officer – Operation Research will provide qualified technical assistance to National TB Program and other related stakeholder to ensure program direction and implementation of OR are in line with the National Strategic Plan. S/he will be expected to work with NTP focal person in implementation of OR activities as well as to assist NTP in ensuring good coordination with TORG and other related stakeholders involved with OR.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepare annual work plans under his/her responsibility and assure timely submission of these work plans to Technical Assistance Coordinator.
- Monitor implementation of approved activities under his/her responsibility and ensure achievement of its expected outputs in coordination with project operational unit.
- Provide technical assistance to NTP and TORG to ensure implementation of OR, including implementation of National TB research agenda.
- Provide technical inputs to CTB technical team and System Information and Knowledge Management (SIKM) in designing documentation of new approach/initiative to ensure that operational research questions are context.
- Conduct evaluation and documentation of small-scale implementation of new approaches/models to provide strategic information, including the recommendations to the NTP for further decisions for policy-making.
- Together with the senior epidemiologist(s) from KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (Central Office), assist local researchers with report writing and publication.
- Supervise and monitor activities related to OR and identify problems, advise on necessary corrective actions, follow-up on these actions, and prepare brief visit reports on findings and recommendations.
- Organize and conduct coordination meetings with various stakeholders to optimize operational research implementation.
- Assist the KNCV-Challenge TB SIKM unit in managing accurate, reliable and timely data of OR implementation.
- Review and provide technical inputs to periodical progress reports, review related field reports from provinces and provide field visit reports in accordance with KNCV-Challenge TB guidelines and submit it to the Technical Assistance Coordinator and the SIKM unit.
- Participate in the regular co-ordination meetings with NTP and other partners and in district-, provincial-, national meetings of the NTP when invited by the NTP Program Manager after consultation with the KNCV Country Representative.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master degree in (public) health, preferably in epidemiology.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in research, preferably related to public health-related operational research.
- Proven experience with all aspects of operational research: protocol writing, data collection, management, data analysis, to reporting.
- Good managerial skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with writing research papers is an asset.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to email@example.com by 23 October 2015 at the latest.
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.