RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
RTI International – Asia Regional Office is seeking for highly qualified candidates to fill the Grants Manager position. Details of the position can be found below.
The Grants Manager (Asia Regional Office) is responsible for supporting (Sub) grant activities in the Asia region, under the supervision of the Grants & Procurement Senior Manager, which includes project start-up, grant implementation and close out. The Grants Manager will help to ensure the assigned RTI projects receive adequate support as well as ensure that RTI’s grants portfolio in the region is being administered in accordance with all applicable rules/regulations/policies for assistance agreements. While most of the work will be conducted to support RTI projects in the Asia region, the Grants Manager will be required to conduct site visits to grantees for pre-award purposes, provide grant management trainings/orientations to project staffs and grantees, monitor performance during grants implementation, and close out the grants. International and regional travel will be required. This position will report to Grants and Procurement Senior Manager, RTI Asia Regional Office.
- Provide short and long term on-site grants management support to RTI projects in need of additional grants management capacity. This includes: participating in grantee-making design, grants solicitation, reviewing proposals, conduct site visit for pre-award purposes, develops and sign Memorandum of Negotiation (MON), developing grant agreements, prepares grant modifications documents, training grantees, training project staff, ensuring compliance with RTI and client regulations, monitoring and reviewing grantee financial reporting including collection of financial information and supporting documentation from grantees; voucher verification; determination of budget compliance, reasonableness of charges, and cost allowability, conducting periodic grants site visit, reviewing advance requests from grantees and endorse them for further approvals and processing, coordinates monitoring of grants by the project technical staffs, ensures timely filing and maintain grants files including records on monitoring and evaluation and other quality control activities (financial, programmatic, proof of performance), supporting start-up, and grants close out. Processing and tracking the adjudication´s inscription, grant and approval obtainment by AOTR or COTR.
- Provide support to the projects and assistance with resolution for the following:
- Quality Control or compliance issues
- Internal Audit findings & observations
- Training, mentoring, & coaching
Regional Office Support:
- Effectively interpret, train and communicate RTI Grants Management Policies and Procedures to project and Asia Regional Office staffs.
- Develop capacity building and/or monitoring plans for high profile subgrantees. This may include pre award assessments or post award technical assistance for development of systems, policies or tools within the subgrantees’ operational structure to satisfy the organizational capacity building plan. Upon completion of the pre award assessment, develop a risk mitigation plan to close the gaps of operational systems.
- Monitor all assigned projects in the region and specific project grant files for compliance with RTI and USG/USAID and/or DFAT. This is to include an annual monitoring and compliance plan for RTI’s regional grants portfolio.
- Conduct periodic reviews of sub-grantees and project staff performance in meeting RTI Grants Management Policies and Procedures.
- Develop effective working relationships with the following key stakeholders:
- Project grants staff - ensuring that they receive the necessary service & support levels from the home office grants management unit
- Home Office Procurement, Subcontracts, Consultants & Projects Grants team
- Regional Office staff
- In the absence of the Grants and Procurement Senior Manager, the Grants Manager will be responsible for all aspects of grants management for projects assigned to Asia Regional Office.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong candidates will exhibit excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work under difficult circumstances with limited resources, and ability to form productive relationships with host country counterparts and training institutions.
- Ability to plan, develop, manage and evaluate projects of the scope and complexity described above
- Previous work experience with low capacity grantees; Experience developing monitoring plans and strategies for increasing the capacity of subrecipients to meet International donor requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of USG/CoA assistance related regulations with particular familiarity with USAID requirements and DFAT requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English language, and to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment, diplomatically facilitating collegial relationships
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized. Able to support and respond to the needs of the field office finance teams as quickly as possible to enable consistent project service delivery
- Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must exhibit a flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and a matrix organization which requires , as well as independently, and the ability to meet unexpected demands
- Must possess strong computer skills: ability to work with Microsoft Office product suite, and e-mail/internet software applications
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel up to 30%
Interested candidates should send the following documentations: Application letter and CV with 3 referees. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject, and submit the application by 12 November 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RTI values equal employment opportunities. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.