RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,500 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of governance, health, education, and economic growth.
RTI International is actively seeking an organizational development (OD) expert for a 23 day consulting assignment on the Assessing Local Capacity in Southeast Asia Task Order under the Asia Regional Support Services for Local Solutions IDIQ, funded by USAID. The assignment will take place Indonesia. The purpose of the assignment is to assist RTI in conducting an assessment and mapping activity in order to help USAID understand the market of available local OD service providers within Indonesia, demand for these services, and the experiences of a wide range of institutions in building local capacity. OD may include capacity building in a broad range of areas which include: financial management and planning; strategic planning; leadership; human resources; leadership; project management; compliance, etc.
The dates of the assignment are approximately from November 2 – December 4, 2015. In order to perform the work, the consultant will conduct will conduct interviews with a broad range of local institutions providing and receiving OD services, international donors that may be funding work that involves OD or capacity building, and international institutions/organizations that may be building local capacity through donor-funded projects.
Scope of Work
The consultant will conduct interviews with a wide variety of institutions (predominately local but also some international) in order to assess the experiences of institutions in building local capacity, map the OD services currently available and their demand, and highlight lessons learned. The consultant will be a member of a two-person team and each will work independently to conduct interviews in line with RTI’s established methodology and protocols. Specifically, the consultant will:
- Map in detail the organizational profile of local institutions that are providing OD services, their outreach in providing these services, the nature of the services they are providing and pricing structure for these services. This information will be compiled will be part of the mapping activity and also be used to create a local OD database.
- Outline the demand for these services by those who may have sought these services and/or those who may be willing to pay for these services.
- Assess the quality of those local OD services, as perceived by those that have received them and/or others that have participated in their work.
- Detail the different capacity building approaches undertaken by both international and local institutions that build local capacity and the experiences (challenges and successes) of those institutions in using various techniques.
- Collect information from interviewees that may include data that they have on tracking the performance of those that have received their capacity building services as well as any training materials that they utilize.
- Provide recommendations (based on interviewee responses) on how to better support local OD services and improve upon existing donor and implementer approaches to building local capacity.
- Produce a comprehensive report that includes detailed notes from interviews (including institutional information and details on OD services) as well as analysis of findings.
The estimated Level of Effort (LOE) that will be required to perform this work is 23 days. Six-day work week may be approved. The work may take place both inside and outside Jakarta, depending upon the assignment of interviews. Approximately 2 of these days will be preparation days, 18 days for interviews and 3 days for finalizing the report. The interview schedule shall be concentrated over a three-week period of time and require full-time work.
The consultant should have broad experience in organizational development within the country where they will be performing work and be skilled in conducting interviews in order to capture and assess data.
Required qualifications of the consultant include:
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Fluency in Bahasa strongly preferred;
- A deep understanding of the organizational landscape in the country, including knowledge of a broad range of local institutions (with a heavy emphasis on NGOs and CSOs) and their capabilities;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- At least 10 years in building local capacity in at least one of the OD areas mentioned above;
- Experience in conducting interviews according to a prescribed methodology; and
- Experience in working on donor-funded projects is preferred but not required.
Applicants are kindly requested to send their updated CV that contains at least two (2) professional references, their names, titles, organizations and with email addresses. Please send application materials to Nicole Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org). Deadline for applications is October 28, 2015. Earlier submission is strongly encouraged.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.