Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Job Title: Gender Expert
Job Code: GE-MKS
Place of duty: Makassar, South Sulawesi
Number of position: 1 person
Begin of Employment: November 2015 or as agreed
Contract Duration: Annual basis, which can be extended upon agreement
The SCPP project is a large Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) in Indonesia which was established in January 2012. The Project is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, The Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, Millennium Challenge Account – Indonesia, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and eight Private Sector Companies from the cocoa sector for the duration from 2012 – 2018. The Program works directly with 90,000 cocoa farming households in seven Indonesian provinces to improve farm productivity and livelihood conditions.
As the Program is continuously growing and SCPP is determined to deliver high quality output achievements and simultaneously reviews interventions, training manuals, and learning materials, the Program identifies the need to add a specific unit to undertake research, content development, and intervention design and provide supports to the program implementation unit.
Task, Authority, and ResponsibilityTechnical Advisory:
- Develop strategy for SCPP’s intervention gender equity, youth, and children rights in accordance with Social and Gender Implementation Plans
- Review and, when necessary, revise SCPP’s training modules, learning materials, and implementation approaches to ensure alignment with latest development in gender equity, youth, children right issues that are relevant to agriculture or cocoa farming;
- Ensure dissemination of new modules and learning materials to the program implementation team with purpose to ensure consistent approaches and tools are utilized across all SCPP areas;
- Advise program implementation team to set priority for intervention in gender equity, youth and children right
- Provide trainings or other capacity building activities in order to improve technical capacity of program implementation team, master trainers and extension officers in topics related to gender equity, youth and children right
- Advise on best practices methodology for trainings at farmer’s level to improve the program implementation in relevant topics
- Collect and analyze information related to gender equity, youth, and children right to ensure program’s awareness on the latest trends in the sector;
- Identify, assess, and monitor the implementation on related activities and policies in the sector;
- In collaboration with Monitoring and Result Measurement Team, periodically undertake research to develop learning and lessons learnt publications such as article, brief, case studies, manuals, etc.;
- In collaboration with PR and Media Team, develop content for communication materials related to gender equity, youth and children right, such as posters, flipcharts, brochure, flyer, etc.;
- Contribute to the preparation of presentations, speeches and papers, etc.
- Support the program implementation team to ensure program’s intervention in GNP, nutrition, gender equity, youth, children rights, and community development are well planned, monitored and evaluated with purpose to align SCPP practice with the state of the art in the topics;
- Participate and contribute in workshops and conferences on the cocoa agricultural sector related to nutrition, gender equity, youth, children rights, and community development as efforts for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge sharing.
- Prepare concept documents and review term of references and reports;
- Perform other duties assigned by line manager and Program Director
Education, knowledge and skill requirements
- Master degree in community development, gender, anthropology or related subject from an accredited academic institution;
- At least 10 years or more of professional work experience in community development and/or gender;
- Familiar with gender and child labor issues in Indonesia;
- Experience in working with international NGO program/project implementation;
- Experience with capacity building and training facilitation;
- Experience in working and/or liaising with the communities and various partners, and institutions;
- Experience in research or manual development (preferably proof of some peer reviewed published work);
- Experience working with Local Government & Agencies, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child protection;
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on Oct 16th , 2015, with a JOB CODE on Top Left of the Envelope at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Or E-mail your application with the JOB CODE in the SUBJECT: email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.