Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Job Code: SCDE-MKS
Place of duty: Makassar
Number of position: 1 person
Contract Duration: Annual basis, which can be extended upon agreement
The Social, community development and training expert is responsible to develop a training manuals, learning materials and lessons learned in social and community development component in SCPP program and its cross cutting issues of gender equity, youth and children rights. This position will coordinate the training activities with program implementation unit to ensure the quality of training delivery in SCPP program. The position will provide technical inputs to ensure effective and efficient delivery of overall program intervention with particular focus on SCPP component in social, community development and training management.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
Technical Advisory (30%):
- Develop SCPP’s training modules, teaching materials, and implementation approaches to ensure alignment with latest development in social and community development issues that are relevant to SCPP activities;
- Develop strategy for SCPP’s intervention in Social and community development;
- Ensure dissemination of new modules and teaching material to the program implementation team with purpose to ensure consistent approaches and tools are utilized across all SCPP areas;
- Provide trainings or other capacity building activities in order to improve technical capacity of program implementation team in topics related to social and community development
- Facilitate trainings for master trainers and extension officers in Social and community development;
- Advise on best practices methodology for trainings at farmer’s level to improve the program implementation in relevant topics;
Training Management and Coordination (30%):
- Coordinate all training activities in SCPP program implementation to ensure all training activities are conducted in timely and efficient manner and support program implementation;
- Identify and assess training needs on community level on related activities and policies;
- Ensure the modules, materials, methodology, innovation, tools and equipment of training meet standard and quality
- Support the program implementation team to ensure quality of training activities
- In collaboration with Program implementation to coordinate and support the training activities
Lessons Learned and Best Practices (10%)
- Collect and analyze information related to social and community development to ensure program’s awareness on the latest trends in the sector;
- Identify, assess, and monitor the implementation on related activities and policies in the sector;
- In collaboration with Monitoring and Result Measurement Team, periodically undertake research to develop learning and lessons learnt publications such as article, brief, case studies, manuals, etc.;
- In collaboration with PR and Media Team, develop content for communication materials related social and community development such as posters, flipcharts, brochure, flyer, etc.;
- Contribute to the preparation of presentations, speeches and papers, etc.
Knowledge Sharing (10%)
- Support the program implementation team to ensure program’s intervention in social and community development are well planned, monitored and evaluated with purpose to align SCPP practice with the state of the art in the topics;
- Participate and contribute in workshops and conferences on the cocoa agricultural sector related to social and community development as efforts for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge sharing.
Research and Project management (20%)
- Initiation, execution, coordination and supervision of research conducted in SCPP in social and community development topic and working closely with program implementation team;
- Prepare concept documents and review term of reference and report;
- Perform other duties assigned by line manager and Program director
Education, knowledge and skill requirements
- Master degree in Social, agriculture, Community development or related subject from an accredited academic institution
- At least 10 years or more of professional work experience in Social and Community development and training management
- Experience in Cocoa sector;
- Familiar with social and comdev in Indonesia.
- Experience in working with international NGO program/project implementation;
- Experience in working and/or liaising with the communities and various partners, and institutions;
- Experience in research or manual development (preferably proof of some peer reviewed published work);
- Experience working with Local Government & Agencies, Ministry of Agriculture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively interact and collaborate with people/stakeholders;
- Good in personal organization, planning and priority setting. Excellent at taking initiatives, focused and result oriented;
- Strong attention to detail and to maintaining a high quality standard;
- Demonstrated flexibility and capable of managing a variety of tasks with minimal supervision;
- Experience in coordinate, designing and facilitating training, meetings and workshops
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on October 30th, 2015, with a JOB CODE on Top Left of the Envelope at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Or E-mail your job application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the email subject: (JOB CODE) - (Your Name)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.