The Micronutrient Initiative (MI) is an international Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to ensuring that the world’s most vurnerables – especially women and children in developing countries – get the vitamins and minerals they need to survive and thrive. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and Dakar, Senegal that manages our country offices in Asia and Africa.
MI has been supporting the GoI to scale up VAS in children aged 6-59 months for several years at the national level and in 6 high mortality provinces, in collaboration with UNICEF; scaling up Zinc and ORS in the treatment of Childhood Diarrhea in three selected provinces; improving the coverage and adherence of IFA supplements among pregnant mothers for reducing iron deficiency anaemia in 4 selected provinces; and initiated the demo project of IFA supplementation among school-going adolescent girls in 2 districts in West Java with the support from the Canadian Government’s grant. In addition, MI has also expand its work with regard to four micronutrients – Vitamin A, Zinc, Iron and Folic Acid - with a focus on their key role in improving Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) in 2 selected provinces, i.e. East Java and East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia with the support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia (DFAT).
In order to manage and this proposed project with the Government and other stakeholders, MI proposes to hire Consultant to support the Senior Program Officer, Maternal, Adolescents and Child Health and Maternal and Child Health Program Coordinator who will be based out of MI Jakarta. Period of consultancy will be 8 (eight) months.
The specific responsibilities are described in website: HERE
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: public health, nutrition, medicine, health systems management, international development and/or a related field including medical degree.
- A good understanding of human nutrition especially the role of micronutrients
- Experience in working with or within public health systems
- Good knowledge of government policies and programs to address nutrition in Indonesia.
- Ten years’ experience working for at least 2 of the following kinds of organizations: national and district governments, NGOs, community groups, donors, UN agencies (preferably a combination of experience in at least two of these).
- Experience in results-based management
- Willingness to travel frequently within Indonesia, occasional travel within the region
- In addition to Bahasa, fluency in English (reading, writing & oratory skills) is a prerequisite.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office programs.
Interested and competent applicants are requested to submit i) application letter; ii) recent Curriculum Vitae (CV); iii) photograph; and iv) address of two referees. Application can be submitted through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, post or hand delivered to the address: MI Indonesia Office, Gedung Wirausaha Lt. 2, Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav. C-5, Jakarta 12940.
The last date for receiving application is October 29, 2015. Only short listed candidate will be called for further interview.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.