From its origins as a small group of committed wildlife enthusiasts, WWF has grown into one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations – supported by 5 million people and active in over 100 countries on five continents.
Thematic Lead (Public Sector), WWF Borneo Programme
The Borneo Programme Core Management Team (‘Core Team’) acts as the ‘bridge’ between the national offices and reports to a joint governance team consisting of senior representatives from WWF Malaysia. WWF Indonesia and WWF International.
Led by the Borneo Leader, the core team is responsible for delivering the Borneo Programme Strategic Framework (BPSF) by:
- Stewarding, developing and representing WWF’s overall strategy in Borneo
- Ensuring existing project work is coordinated and contributes to the overall strategy whilst identifying, prioritising and addressing gaps in the delivery of the strategy
- Monitoring and evaluating progress
WWF-Malaysia urgently seeks highly qualified candidate for the position of Thematic Lead (Public Sector), WWF Borneo Programme , this position will report to Borneo Programme Leader. The requirement is attached which explains the duties & major accountabilities of the position.
WWF-Malaysia office in Selangor / Sabah / Sarawak
- The key purpose of the Public Sector Thematic Lead is to ensure WWF delivers on Pillar 1 of the WWF Borneo Programme Strategic Framework (BPSF), which aims to transform the way government, processes value natural capital, integrate it into planning and policy and account for progress made in Borneo.
- Conduct project planning cycle analysis to refine the existing strategy and workshops to draw out the big wins from the agreed frameworks.
- Gather relevant staff from both national offices on a regular basis to improve coordination and teamwork
- Visit relevant work on the ground to ensure a good overview of existing operations
- Develop relationships with external organisations in the same field
- Manage an operating budget and to raise additional funds for new activities where required
- Design and lead new work programmes in conjunction with national office staff that addresses gaps that are uncovered by national office activities
- Act as an active member of the Core Team, contributing to the overall development and direction of the programme, promoting the new structure and approach to national staff and helping to ensure the WWF Borneo Programme becomes a shining example of WWF’s ‘Truly Global’ reforms in practice on the ground.
What you need:
- An advanced degree (Masters or PhD.) in a relevant field of study (resource governance, environmental economics, environmental conservation)
- At least five years experience in a related area of work (policy, governance, environmental economics)
- General knowledge and experience of government processes and operations in a Malaysian and or Indonesian and or Bruneian context
- Specific knowledge and experience of one or more of the following areas would be a distinct advantage: green economies, valuing nature, environmental policy, environmental accounting.
- A demonstrated talent for negotiation and diplomacy
- Good appreciation of WWF’s operations and its philosophy, particularly with regard to its work in Borneo
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Thematic Lead (Public Sector), WWF Borneo Programme
Deadline for applications: 16th October 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.