Position / Job Title: DM Senior Program Officer
Location of work: Jakarta
Report to: Disaster Management Program Coordinator
Summary of Position
Organizational Context - The American Red Cross (Amcross) helps vulnerable people around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters, complex humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. It is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and works closely with Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI). Currently Amcross supports programs in Aceh, Jakarta, West and Central Java, Bali and NTB (Lombok). Amcross works with the Indonesia Red Cross (PMI) focusing on 3 program sectors: Disaster Management, Health, and Organizational Development.
Programmatic Context – This position will be responsible to help manage any DM Project, with the possibility to take up greater role & responsibilities in the future. PMI-ARC funded Project seeks to improve community resilience with focus on Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation, and Management of community members; Strengthening PMI organizational and management capacity, including strengthened partnership collaboration; community-based mitigation activities that improve environmental conditions, safety, and coastal land management and natural resource management interventions to reduce impact of hydro-meteorological disasters. The projects components are Coastal Management including coastal green belt, strengthening Tsunami EWS, mainstreaming climate risk management, solid waste management.
The DM Senior Program Officer will work with DM Coordinator, PMI NHQ and respective ARC colleagues in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Disaster Management project to significantly strengthen the capacity of PMI in resource development, volunteer management, financial management and capacity of target communities to prepare for, mitigate and respond to future disasters. This work will apply to all major phases/dimensions of DM including preparedness, mitigation, response, early recovery and longer term development. The DM Senior Program Officer is reporting to DM Program Coordinator.
Duties applicable to all
- Work towards the achievement of American RC goals in the country/region of operation through effective managerial, lateral relations and teamwork
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities
- Perform other work related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Ensures good information flow among all American RC programs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Representation
- Support Program Coordinator with number of program related issues and sectors – most especially associated with Disaster Management primarily with the Indonesia Red Cross and International Federation of the Red Cross
- Support Program Coordinator to institutionalize Disaster Management guidelines and policies as developed internally within ARC, Movement and externally i.e. UN, local authorities
- Provide field assistance to the team conducting assessments, monitoring if required;
- Attend meetings, workshops and/or training programs as required. Present program ideas and carry out discussions on behalf of ARC when required.
- Undertake tasks and small projects as assigned by the Country Representative or Program Program Coordinator when required;
- Support Program Coordinator in the preparation of program documentation, assessments and studies as required;
- Program Management, Research and Development
- Support the Program Coordinator managing any PMI-ARC funded project:
- Provide support and guidance to PMI at the NHQ level, and as relevant to Chapter and Branches to define and manage the project scopes, including all activities required to deliver the expected deliverables with high quality standard.
- Work closely with PMI to ensure efficient utilization of the project duration by developing accurate planning/schedule which should be done by comprehensively identifying the activities that need to be performed to produce the project deliverables; identifying the relationships that exist among the various scheduled activities; allocating the type and quantity of resources available/required to perform each scheduled activity.
- Provide support and guidance in developing budgets, identifying cost estimates, as well as regularly monitoring budgets and expenditures, in close collaboration and coordination with Finance Ensure that all supply chain management (procurement, logistic, and asset) that are related to the project comply with the procedures and SOPs
- Help PMI to identify and monitor all potential project risks and plan for actions to mitigate the risk and its impact to the project performance.
- Conduct field visit to project sites on a regular basis for monitoring, provision of hands-on support and quality assurance.
- Facilitate PMI to prepare project documentation and reporting to ensure all required report are submitted on time, accurate, and complete. . This is including provision of information for monthly CR report, Sub Recipient Monitoring Checklist, as well as Quarterly Project Report along with updated indicator tracking table; project documentation and knowledge management.
- Maintain Communication and coordination with PMI, IFRC, PNSs about the risk reduction programming to share experiences/lesson learned Prepare to assume auxiliary management role in disaster response with PMI.
- Provide inputs as required to strategic planning process, achievement of activity targets and required modification of program objectives including
- Support the Program Coordinator by contributing to the identification and development of new projects activities in cooperation with PMI colleagues.
- Undertake relevant tasks as assigned by the Country Representative or Program Coordinator when required
- Report requirements:
- Monthly progress reports to Program Coordinator, quarterly analysis documentation to capture lessons and action oriented recommendations for the future. Participation, inputs and support in a number of other documentation/information processes, mentioned within the JD.
- Performance Assessment
- The successful candidate will be assessed on the quality of performance per project and on the competencies associated with the requirements of the job. Where there are gaps in experience and where feasible, the ARC will strive to train or coach the candidate.
- At least 6 years experiences in Disaster Management Field; 3 years minimum in project management and development; Understanding of and/or experienced with Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement; Capacity building and/or experience with institutional strengthening; 2-3 years’ experience in community development, relief, humanitarian or related professional experience at a similar capacity. Experience with international organization (preferred)
- University degree is Social Science and or relevant field is required. Master Degree is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good level of understanding about organizational change
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in English and Indonesian (written and spoken) required.
- Good computers skills (Windows, Spreadsheets, Word Processing)
- Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve results through collaboration.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change
- Able to work in difficult operating environment e.g. disaster affected area
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English not later than December 2, 2015 to email@example.com placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max. 200KB size). Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.