The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of :
Senior Programme Officer – SHARE
1 (one) position, 1 year contract - renewable - Jakarta
Purpose of job:
Purpose of Programme Officer job is to provide supports in making sure successful delivery of the co-funded support to Higher Education in ASEAN Region (SHARE).
S/he will provide project management supports, it includes giving adequate input to the programme as well as related administrative task, and coordinate internal and external resources. In doing so s/he adheres to British Council’s standards for project, contract and financial and client management.
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
The British Council has a long-standing reputation in Indonesia as a well-respected cultural relations organisation, creating opportunities and building relationships between Indonesia and the UK in the areas of three main Strategic Business Units (SBU); Education and Society, Arts, and English. Indonesia is a high priority country for BC, for UK government stakeholders and for many other external partners and potential partners, including the EU, other multilateral agencies and global foundations. The British Council has a long history of delivering development contracts in Indonesia on behalf of international organisations such as the EU, ADB, World Bank and many others. The global objective of SHARE is to strengthen regional co-operation, enhance the quality, regional competitiveness and internationalisation of ASEAN higher education institutions and students, contributing to an ASEAN Community in 2015 and beyond.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Programme Officer is accountable for successful delivery of the co-funded SHARE programme. S/he is responsible for managing the delivery of SHARE project, delivering the project outputs and its activities.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Give adequate professional contribution as to deliver SHARE Programme.
- Responsible for activities based on work plan as agreed with the Team Leader and Programme Manager.
- Liaise with partners, programme stakeholders and beneficiaries in managing relationships, including data gathering and necessary follow up in data submission.
- Responsible in project management office and activities across all components of result areas as planned and agreed with the Team Leader and Programme Manager, such as taking minutes, handle logistics of events or meetings (venue, ticket and hotel booking, catering and vendor). It needs to be managed, arranged and facilitated to the standards of Client and the British Council’s policies and procedures.
- Provide relevant project documents and process them into basic financial data before submit to the Finance Officer.
- Give contribution in analysing financial information, such as budget forecasting for Policy Dialog or other events (hotel, flights) and its budget reports.
In order to be considered for this role you will hold a university degree or equivalent and proven experience of:
- Operating successfully in a development and/or higher education projects
- Project and finance management for donor agency such as European Union/European Commission and/or other agency.
- Experience in event management
- Basic knowledge of finance system (e.g. SAP) will be advantaged.
- Administrative experience
Other Important Features Or Requirements Of The Job
- The job may require some occasional business trips nationally and internationally – particularly within ASEAN region. It will also involve occasional weekend and evening work. Such requirements will be managed and compensated within British Council HR’s regulations.
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 23:59 UK time on Wednesday 18th November 2015. It is essential that candidates use the application form provided on our website. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.