Indonesia HUB IT Officer
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
Project Title: EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: November 2015
Status: Manager Level, contract
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
EQWIP HUBS will be a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 17 youth centered HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming will support young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS will foster a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is building a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
The IT Manager, reporting to the Country Manager, will provide leadership and management of the technological elements of the HUB project. S/he will support activities to build partner capacity in utilizing IT to enhance project outcomes. S/he will troubleshoot technical issues and give insight in how to better leverage technology. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, volunteers and young people.
- Provide the delivery and oversight of the technology aspects of project initiative
- Identify areas of opportunity for the use of technology and take steps to implement where feasible
- Ensure preparation and submission of reports
- Troubleshoot technology issues
- Set up technology and provide ongoing maintenance/support in all HUB locations
- Provide guidance to the HUB staff regarding tools and strategies to ensure that programming utilizes technology in an effective way
- Remain well-informed about national and regional issues affecting youth
- Provide strategic support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets
- Liaise and coordinate with technical consortium partners and implementing partners to ensure effective delivery of activities
- Provide management and oversight of online learning communities
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Country ManagerESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- University Diploma
- 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in IT
- Understanding of and compatible vision for effective community development with a focus on the use of technology
- Ability to work with and through partners
- Passion for working with youth; an understanding of the current situation for young people especially as relates to their use and engagement with technology for learning and livelihoods
- Comfort with linking work to a range of stakeholders, including civil authorities, community group leaders, donors and private sector
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
- Applicant must be citizen of IndonesiaDeadline to apply: Friday, November 13, 2015 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “INDONESIA HUBS IT Manager” in the subject line.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.