Senior HIV Care and Treatment Officer: Papua
Requisition # 15982
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior HIV Care and Treatment Officer, LINKAGES based in Jayapura, Papua, Indonesia.
The USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program is managed by FHI 360 and implemented with local partners. LINKAGES conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The Senior HIV Care and Treatment Officer in Papua will ensure the quality of all LINKAGES-supported clinical service interventions in HIV/AIDS including STI and TB management and collaborate with local health services and partners in Papua. She/he will be responsible for the development of appropriate local strategies for clinical services support at the provincial and district levels, based on the overall LINKAGES clinical services strategy for Indonesia. Responsible for the development of the annual and quarterly work plans, budgets, and satisfactory responses to all reporting requirement for clinical service support activities in the province. Facilitate coordination of all clinical services activities with provincial and district level stakeholders, including the health services, laboratories, hospitals (public and private), clinics, professional organizations, and partners working in the province as well as other government sectors. Facilitate the development of appropriate quality control and quality assurance systems for all aspects of HIV/AIDS clinical services including STI and TB. Provide technical assistance on STI, HTC, HIV treatment, HIV/AIDS clinical management including management of opportunistic infection (i.e., TB) services to all partner organizations and clinics within the target area, including training, consultations, and mentoring according to national guidelines and standards. Monitor all clinical service activities in the provinces and identify significant issues and provide recommendations to LINKAGES management. Coordinate with the LINKAGES team in Jakarta on all program activities.
The position will be based in Jayapura, Papua, Indonesia. Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development of appropriate local strategies for related clinical services support at the provincial and district levels, based on the overall LINKAGES clinical services strategy for Indonesia.
- Responsible for the development of the annual and quarterly work plans, budgets, and all relevant reporting requirements related to clinical service support activities in the province.
- Contribute to the achievement of high quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan and performance monitoring plan.
- Stay current and up to date on all aspects of PEPFAR programming and reporting, especially the latest guidelines related to program quality, including USAID/PEPFAR’s Site Improvement Monitoring System (SIMS), FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives and relevant national and international (i.e., WHO) protocols and guidelines.
- Coordinates with Provincial Health Office of the Ministry of Health, district and local officials, as necessary to coordinate and support the overall provincial HIV program.
- Contributes to the production of timely and accurate technical reports to the FHI 360 country office as required.
- Facilitate coordination of all clinical services activities with provincial and district level stakeholders, including the health services, laboratories, hospitals (public and private), clinics, professional organizations, and partners working in the province as well as other government sectors, as appropriate.
- Facilitate the development of appropriate quality control and quality assurance systems for all aspects of HIV/AIDS clinical services including STI and TB.
- Provide technical assistance on the HIV clinical cascade, HIV/AIDS clinical management including management of opportunistic infection (i.e TB) services to all partner clinics within the target area, including training, consultations, and mentoring according to national guidelines and standards.
- Monitor all clinical service activities in the provinces and identify significant issues and provide recommendations to LINKAGES management.
- Coordinate with the Senior Technical Advisor: Care and Treatment and LINKAGES Country Representative in Jakarta, as required, on all program activities, and provides regular reports on progress and status of LINKAGES activities in Papua.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Clinical degree (MD) or related field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated key population group technical expertise, with substantial HIV care and treatment experience in Papua.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated “hands-on” experience in a senior level technical position in Papua, preferably with an international development organization and working with key population groups and/or CSOs.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations, and experience working in an international NGO environment, working on a USAID and/or PEPFAR-funded project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesian.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Interested candidates, please register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at HERE or send CV and letter of application to MLisna@fhi360.org.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.