The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Green Economy and Locally Appropiate Mitigation in Indonesia (GE-LAMA-I) works in six districts in two provinces i.e. East Kalimantan and Central Java. It is a joint program by the National Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS) and GIZ. In implementing this development cooperation project, GIZ is collaborating with the World Agroforestry Center (ICRAF) on behalf of the German Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB). GE-LAMA-I supports the commitment of the Indonesian government mitigating climate change in land based sector by strengthening the sub-national governments (particularly districts) to plan and monitor green economy development (which include low carbon development objectives) and to develop four locally appropriate mitigation actions (LAMA) that have the potential to be scaled up to national level (NAMA). Two of the four LAMAs are being developed in Central Java; these are: Climate smart agriculture in rice cultivation (Smart Rice) and Agroforestry for degraded land rehabilitation (Agroforestry).
GE-LAMA-I is structured into three work packages which are closely interlinked:
Work Package 1: to develop policies at national and sub-nationals to support LAMA/NAMA development and green economy planning, mainstreaming and monitoring
Work Package 2: to develop the institutional capacity of the sub nationals to develop LAMA/NAMA and to plan, mainstream and monitor green economy development at local level
Work Package 3: to develop tools and methods that can help the local governments to plan and monitor green economy plan and LAMA/NAMA development in participatory way.
We are currently looking for an:
Locally/Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (LAMAs/NAMAs) Developer
- Facilitating and supporting the strategic stakeholders in the development of two LAMAs in Central Java (Smart-Rice and Agroforestry) including communicating, networking and conducting the advisory processes, in order to achieve the targeted results. The strategic stakeholder include, among others: Province Government of Central Java, the District Government of the three partner districts (Banyumas, Purbalingga, and Banjarnegara), the Ministry of Agriculture, BAPPENAS, The Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Farmer associations, relevant business groups, Academics, civil society and think tank organizations. Furthermore, the staff will be responsible for coordination with implementing partners (incl. ICRAF, PAKLIM, SAS, and For-CC).
- Support the Provincial Coordinator in building a smooth and productive relationship with the counterparts particularly in Central Java.
1. Professional advisory services
1. Professional advisory services
- Leading the discussions with research institutes and other experts on the selection of appropriate technologies;
- Coordinating the development of demonstration plots;
- Facilitating the application of the best practice gained from the demonstration plots in more areas;
- Mobilize resources to support the LAMAs/NAMAs development;
- Conduct (or support) studies required for LAMAs/NAMAs development;
- Document the lessons learned from the demonstration plots and the voluntary application by farmers as well as from the application in other regions supported by other parties in Indonesia
- Assess the needs of policy development, government supports and private sector involvement at national and sub-national level to support the LAMAs/NAMAs development
- Analyze the lessons learned and formulate a strategy for LAMAs/NAMAs to be scaled up and the implemented in other regions in Central Java as well as in other provinces in Indonesia
- Contribute to the development of strategic paper/proposal of the developed LAMAs/NAMAs
- Facilitate the development and the operation of stakeholder partnership supporting the LAMAs/NAMAs development
- Mobilizing supports from different parties for LAMAs/NAMAs development and implementation
- Integrate the impacts measurement of the developed LAMAs/NAMAs into the MRV/MER/GHG inventory mechanisms
- Contribute to the formulation and monitoring of plan of operations (PoO)
- Contribute to the regular project reporting according to the project monitoring guideline
- Manage external stakeholders to support policy development
- Support the Provincial Coordinator in managing the project portfolio for Central Java
- Conduct communications and networking with stakeholders of GE LAMA I, including the project implementation partners: ICRAF, PAKLIM, SAS, For-CC
- Develop a network of stakeholders for GE LAMA I in order to provide basis for enhanced capacity development, substance expertise and advisory processes in a strategic manner
- Contribute inputs for the knowledge management system of the project in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations
- Performs other duties and tasks given by the Principal Advisor, Team Leader, and Province Coordinator
- Carries out tasks relevant to the project, which may not be explicitly mentioned in the job descriptions.
- Have a minimum of four years experiences in project/business development on agriculture/forestry;
- Have strong technical knowledge related to rice farming, most preferable good understanding in irrigation and water management;
- Familiar with the policy environment related to rice farming and the key agroforestry products in Central Java;
- Familiar with the strategic stakeholders related to rice farming and agroforestry;
- Familiar with climate change program development in Indonesia including RAN/RAD GRK and REDD+;
- Hold bachelor or master degree in agriculture or other relevant academic fields;
- Have good communication and writing skills
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Good written and oral knowledge of English;
- Service orientation and proactive working style;
- Good communication skills
Duty Station: GE-LAMA-I Office Purwokerto
c/o Komplek Rumah Jabatan, Bakorwil III Province Central Java
Jl. Gatot Subroto No. 75, Purwokerto
Expected Joining Date: January 2016
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor, Team Leader & Province Coordinator
Interested candidates should submit the application letter, CV with latest photograph and list of references (max. 300 kb), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: LAMAs/NAMAs Developer. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 20 November 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interviews
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.